Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor fusion 2012 Installation issue

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
etiennemunger
1384 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor fusion 2012 Installation issue

Good Morning,

I am trying to install the Inventor 30 days trial version. So far, I downloaded and installed the Inventor and got it installed on my PC. Currently, I am capable of clicking on the Autodesk design review ICON and the program does start.

However, when clicking on the Inventor Fusion 2012 ICON, I am getting the following message: The application is unavailable. No license available. License does not exist or has expired.

Currently, I was able to install the Inventor fusion SP1. I did try to install the Inventor Fusion SP2, but this was not successful, and I am not sure why.

Also, I completed the .net 4.0 routine as required.

Currently, I am using Windows Vista 2006 and I never upgraded this OS. Is this required for correctly being able to work with Inventor Fusion 2012?

So, your help will be appreciated for the above issue and question.

Thanks,

Etienne Munger

etiennemunger4@gmail.com

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
RogerMollon
in reply to: etiennemunger

If you haven't installed service packs and hot fixes for Vista, then Inventor, which is required to run Inventor Fusion, has not installed. Start the installer again and you will see a red icon to the left of the Inventor 2012 item in the install list. Hover the cursor over the red icon and a tooltip will appear listing the Vista updates required before it will install. I hope this helps,
Roger Mollon
Forge - Strategic Tech Consultant - Novi
Autodesk, Inc. - Retired
Message 3 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: RogerMollon

If you need KB971138, you can find it here. 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Email-with-hotfix-for-inventor-has-no-password/...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 5
5rage5
in reply to: TravisNave

Inventor fusion 2012 Installation issue, kb971138 hotfix not for my computer!! This is what I get after i downloaded Inventor 2012, because I have the Vista home premium x86 32 bit sp2 I dont know what else to do. I searched my comp for the .dll file that was in the hotfix and I already have it installed from years ago. I know that this is a 2012vproduct, but I still run vista. I even downloaded and tried to install it from http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Email-with-hotfix-for-inventor-has-no-password/... and still says that the fix is not for my comp! PLEASE HELP!!!!
Message 5 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: 5rage5

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report