Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Ultimate 2011 client not pulling correct package from license server

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
445 Views, 11 Replies

Inventor Ultimate 2011 client not pulling correct package from license server

We have a single network server for licenses of both 2011 Inventor Design Suite Professional and Inventor Design Suite Ultimate. We are having problems with client machines not accessing the correct package. Inventor Pro clients frequently access the Inventor Ultimate licenses. As a result, all of our Ultimate licenses were consumed and Ultimate clients could not get a license. I have added an option file to control access. This is serving to redirect the Inventor Pro clients to the correct package. However, some of our Ultimate users still cannot get a license. I checked the server and licenses are available. The Ultimate users can run Inventor but some are directed to the Inventor Pro package. When they try to enter the simulation environment they cannot get a license. The log file does not show a denied request.

Any ideas?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
DarrenP
in reply to: Anonymous

when you say inventor pro what version do you mean (ex. 2011 or 2012) because inventor pro is also in the Product design ultimate suite

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
DarrenP
in reply to: DarrenP

your last statement doesn't make sense

a 2012 product will not pull a 2011 license

DarrenP
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

Sorry, I am mixing my product titles as they change every year.

We are currently running 2011 Inventor Suite and 2011 Inventor Simulation Suite.

We will soon be upgrading to 2012 versions, Product Design Suite Professional and Product Design Suite Ultimate.

Message 5 of 12
DarrenP

how many each do you have?

when you double click the inventor icon it will pull a suite license first then when you switch to the simulation enviroment it will return the suite license and pull the simulation license

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous

We have two licenses of Simulation Suite. When I check the server status, both are available.

As I mentioned, several users that have only 2011 Inventor Suite are being directed to Simulation Suite when they start Inventor. One user with Simulation Suite installed can run Inventor, but cannot get into the simulation environment (No licenses available is the message).

The license server log does not show the request for the simulation package. The log does show that same user signing out a standard Inventor license. It also shows other non-simulation users being denied a simulation license. I had to do this with an option fille.

Our 2010 software worked as you describe. Inventor users were granted Inventor licenses. Upon entering the simulation environment, the license was upgraded. It is not currently working that way for us. I'm looking for ideas on how to get the license server working properly and getting the Simulation users consistent access to the product.

Message 7 of 12
DarrenP

try this on one computer for a test: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=13894457&linkID=9240657

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

Thanks for the link. It looked promising but didn't help. Did a search of the entire hard drive and could not find the cascade file. Running on Windows Server 2003.

Message 9 of 12
DarrenP

you do it on the clients not the server

i probably should have mentioned that

DarrenP

EESignature

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

Found the cascade file on the client. Followed the procedure, but the client still can't access the simulation environment.

Message 11 of 12
TravisNave

What is the error number you are getting on the denied from the client?  And what options are you using in your adskflex.opt file to handle the licensing pool?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 12 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: TravisNave

I found the source of the license restriction.

Because Inventor license are not being properly allocated, I used the option file to restrict access to the Simulation licenses. The unintended user restriction was caused by case sensitivity in the username. The user was loggin in with capital letters. The option file default is for case sensitivity to be turned on. Once we turned it off, the problem was fixed.

This whole thing was caused by a license cascade that is not working properly, but the work around has us back in business.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report