Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Suit 2009 Installation Issue

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
maulik
453 Views, 11 Replies

Inventor Suit 2009 Installation Issue

Hi,

Yesterday when i logged on my pc and turned on AutoCAD i got an error message saying This version of AutoCAD is not installed correctly and some features may not run correctly. You should reinstall AutoCAD immediately to make sure all features are running correctly" Screen shot is attached.

So to install it correctly, i uninstalled AutoCAD and tried to install it agian, it failed and i was unable to install it. At this time Inventor was working prooperly. So i tried to uninstall the entire Inventor Suit and tried to install it again. Now I was unable to install Inventor !

So i ended up installing all the softwares in the package seperately and I was able to install autocad, vault, design review but not inventor. I tried to use the Autocad that I just installed, and i see the same error message that i was getting yesterday morning.

At the end, i ended up uninstalling Inventor which was working properly and now I am not able to install it again, and also autocad is not working now!

Any idea how should i proceed now ?

Thanks,

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
TravisNave
in reply to: maulik

If your OS is Windows 7, then your product is not supported on this platform.  Only 2010 products and later are supported on Windows 7.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 12
maulik
in reply to: TravisNave

Well I understand that Windows 7 is not supported but I have been using it since past 1 year ! All of a sudden something happened and I cannot use it.

Message 4 of 12
TravisNave

I guess consider yourself lucky that you were able to get it to work for that long!  Smiley Very Happy

Maybe try a repair install or a system restore to when it worked?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 12
maulik

Tried everything possible. Uninstalled the entire Inventor Suit 3 times including the registry files. Still when I install i get the same error. Smiley Sad

The next thing I am gonna do is formate my pc, install Win 7 all over again and try to install the Inventor Suit then ! I hope it works then. Its still working on other two pc's in my office.

Message 6 of 12
TravisNave

Have you considered Windows XP mode for your Windows 7?  You can download the virtual machine from Microsoft.  It is free for Windows 7 users.  It will allow you to run a Windows XP VM on your Windows 7 so that your older products can be installed.  Alternately, this product is supported on Windows Vista, but recommending you install Vista would be worse than anything I could ever do. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 12
maulik

Well, that would be a good idea ! But will I be able to connect to all shared drivers which are on the server ?

I can still give it  try tomorrow !

Thanks

Message 8 of 12
TravisNave

Yes, you certainly will.  It's like having a second computer on the network from within your Windows 7. 

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 12
maulik

Update ! I just installed the Win xp virtual machine, installed Inventor Suit, it works ! But its too too slow. I have got here a i7 processor with 8 Gb ram.Its only good to print drawing and for nothing else.

I think the best chanace now I have is formate my entire pc and install it all over again becuase i know for fact it works on Win7 as its working on 2 more pc's in my office.

Message 10 of 12
TravisNave

Yep, you might have to.  Have you tried an attempt at System Restore yet and choosing a date back when it worked?

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 12
maulik

Due to some reason, i never had system restored anytime ! so unfortunately that option is no longer an option.

Message 12 of 12
TravisNave

That's unfortunate.  Hopefully you'll have luck with a refresh of your OS.  Good luck!

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report