Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Inventor Professional 2014 installation stuck

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
michael.ly
6157 Views, 10 Replies

Inventor Professional 2014 installation stuck

I've tried numerous times with installing Inventor, using all three methods, but all three have failed with the same issue - attatched photo.

I am installing on a fresh OS install of windows 7 64bit, all updates installed, including .NET framework 4.5, with UAC and antivirus disabled. The logs for install and setup are attached.

Thanks in advance

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: michael.ly

Are you cancelling the installation?  Inventor required additional files to be downloaded during install, so you have to be patient if it seems stuck.

Thanks for using the forums.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 11
dembkod

michael.ly,

First, letā€™s try to download the complete file via this method.

1. Go to http://www.autodesk.com
  2. At the bottom of the page, beneath "Help and Support" click "Customer Service"
  3. Click the "Ask" button for the "Virtual Agent"
  4. Once the Virtual Agent opens, click "Downloading and Installation"
  5. Click "Software Download links"
  6. Click "I need to redownload my product"
  7. Select the appropriate product and download

Next, I took a look at your log file and there are no outright failures in the file. I was expecting to see something, but the file just drops off. So, I have some basic things to consider:

• Uninstall the NET 4.5 on your machine and let the product install it
  • Make sure Antivirus is completely off
  • Make sure you are logged in as an Administrator
  • If you have any malware blockers or third-party popup tools, turn them off
  • Check your Windows Event Viewer to see if you can identify any failing modules or libraries

Thank you for taking part in our community!

David Dembkoski
Message 4 of 11
michael.ly

Still freezing at download using the process above. No signs of errors in event viewer during install.

I left the install for almost 4 hours with the installation still stuck at the same point, cancelled the installation through task manager.

I still have my old hard drive that has inventor installed onto it, if I can't get Inventor to install onto my current C drive, is there any way I could run Inventor off of the old hard drive (the old hard drive was not connected during installation)

thanks for the help

Message 5 of 11
asburyj

Hi Michael,

I've been tracking an issue with inventor installs being blocked by AVAST antivirus. Do you happen to have that installed? You can find details on the below threads

Jeffry Asbury
Message 6 of 11
michael.ly
in reply to: asburyj

thanks a lot, uninstalling avast fixed the problem 

Message 7 of 11
shankar

same error i have disabled the anti-virus software also .... but still not working struck in the middle ... please help me . i have attached the sreenshot 

Message 8 of 11
shankar
in reply to: dembkod

same error i have disabled the anti-virus software also .... but still not working struck in the middle ... please help me . i have attached the sreenshot

Message 9 of 11
Jswain115
in reply to: shankar

I'm also having an install problem, but mine is that the cloud sync gets stuck and won't "connect" like it says its trying to do.

Message 10 of 11
asburyj
in reply to: shankar

In some cases I have found disabling the Antivirus did not resolve the problem. A full uninstall of the antivirus software was required. I beleive that was limited to Avast. What antivirus software are you running?

Jeffry Asbury
Message 11 of 11
Jswain115
in reply to: asburyj

Im running McAffe antivirus.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report