Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Pro 2014 not installing Windows 8.1

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
LaurenDotNet
8222 Views, 8 Replies

Inventor Pro 2014 not installing Windows 8.1

Hi! I recently have got Inventory Pro 2014 through school. I was so excited, but when I got home and started to install, it just failed. I got no error messages or anything Inventor just failed to install. I can have the installed run for max one and a half minutes before it fails. Any help is appreciated. I am running Windows 8.1 with an i5 processor and 6GB of RAM on a 64-bit OS.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM
Message 3 of 9

So I have finally got it to install. I don't know why it did what it did but it works. Once you have all the info filled out don't click install now. Instead click the down arrow next to it and select Download now. This will install AutodeskDownloadManager. Then intsall Inventor the way you normally would. Once installed, if you're running Windows 8.1, you'd click the shortcut to open it and you would get an error message (0xc0000142). TO fix this you'l need to download the upgrade for Inventory SP1. Here's the link: http://images.autodesk.com/adsk/files/Inventor2014_SP1_x64.msp I hope you can get this working!

Message 4 of 9
123ashleyj
in reply to: LaurenDotNet

Hi I have been having massive problems installing Inventor 2014 and I could get it to work until I cllicked up your link. I looked at loads of other links to the service pack but my PC wouldnt have it.

Many Thanks

Ashley

Message 5 of 9

wow!!!

that is frustrating!

i'm working on that since 4:30 pm.. it's now 8:30 pm... can you imagine that i lost 4 hours of my time trying to install a trial!!

shouldn't it be on the download page?

i've asked to try that software cause im in the industry of design and woodworking!

i don't even know if that product is the one for me!

please say clearly on your download page what is good and what is wrong.. it shouldn't be in a community page for new clients!!!!

thanks for your concern

Message 6 of 9
123ashleyj
in reply to: stefanokarate

I didn't notice it if it was on the down load page. I found a wizard for one on here for one of the service packs and it worked.

Sent from my iPhone
Message 7 of 9
Ronaldovf

Message 8 of 9
barriosm4516

You...... The Awesomest!
Message 9 of 9
123ashleyj
in reply to: barriosm4516

Haha.. I'm glad it helped, it really is a pain when it won't work properly.

Sent from my iPhone

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report