Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor LT Suite not able to start Inventor

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
GaryGAcadLT
378 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor LT Suite not able to start Inventor

This is the 1st time I'm using this forum.

Yesterday, I downloaded and installed the 30 DAY trial version of InventorLT 2014 Suite.

From the description, it appears that this is Inventor LT combined with Autocad 2014.

Some of the things that installed from that download are

DWG Truview - That appears to work

Autodesk 360 - Appears to work

Autodesk Design Review - appears to work

However

When I try to start Autodesk Inventor, I get the following measage:

Inventor.exe - Application Error

The application was unable to start correctly (oxc0000142).  Click OK to

close the application.

I've been searching the Autodesk website all day trying to find a clue as to

why this program will not run for me.

I cannot find a phone number to call or even an e-mail address that I could use to request assistance.

I've been going through the Autodesk website all day and still don't have a clue.

I've been using, on a different computer AutoCadLT 2006 and before that, the very 1st versions of AutoCadLT.

Now that I have a new computer, I thought I would try to upgrade my drawing experience and even perhaps try

having some of my simple constructions fabricated via 3D printing.

My needs are very simple, but I have quite a few DWG files I've created over the years and want to be able to use them.

I want to confirm that I can still access and use my Old DWG files with this new system before I purchase it.

Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Gary

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: GaryGAcadLT

If you are running Windows 8.1 then you almost certainly need to install SP1 for Inventor LT.  Beyond that, you might also make sure your video card meets minimum requirements and is running a current WHQL certified driver. 

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
GaryGAcadLT
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks
I ran the 64 bit service pack1
The Inventor opens so I can start learning what exactly it does.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report