Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor LT Suite Installation Woes

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
CuriousYellow
601 Views, 7 Replies

Inventor LT Suite Installation Woes

I am running AutoCAD 2010 LT on a total POS Lenovo Think Pad W510.  I decided this computer is such a horrid abomination that I got a Macbook Pro and downloaded the trial for Inventor LT 2013 to run on Parallels.  With a few minor changes, it's been awesome.  In any case, my trial period ended and I purchased an upgrade this morning that takes my AutoCAD LT 2010 up to the Inventor LT 2014 Suite.  I'm trying to download the Inventor LT suite onto the Lenovo so I can leave this hog at work.  I get the exe dowloaded, but as soon as I click on it and it tries to initiate the installation, it says that the connection has been lost between my computer and the website.  I'm getting nowhere.  Any ideas are much appreciated.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
AnkushVed
in reply to: CuriousYellow

Hi, 

Regarding "I get the exe dowloaded, but as soon as I click on it and it tries to initiate the installation, it says that the connection has been lost between my computer and the website."

When you click on the website on Install Now button, after that please dont click anywhere else on the website and dont refresh or close the web page. Wait for the .exe to download completely, then click on it, wait till the installer is launched. 

Once the installer is launched, at that time it has received all the parameters from website, and you can close or refresh or browse more into the web page. 

Please give it a try and hopefully it will work. 

Regards,

Ankush Ved
Product Manager, Autodesk Licensing
Message 3 of 8
CuriousYellow
in reply to: AnkushVed

Hi Ankush,

Thank you for your suggestion.  When I click on the download button, I get a "licenses and services" prompt that I have to agree to, then it directs to a page "a248.e.akamai.net" which both Chrome and IE flag as dangerous.  If I proceed, the trial downloads and lands on my desktop.  Doubleclick that icon, Inventor starts and shows "downloading" in the progress bar but after two or three seconds it says," the setup initialization has failed"  because the connection has expired and I need to reconnect to the site.  Am I missing something?  

Message 4 of 8
AnkushVed

Can you please share screenshots of all these phases? Please also check the private message i sent you

Ankush Ved
Product Manager, Autodesk Licensing
Message 5 of 8
CuriousYellow
in reply to: AnkushVed

Thank you for the message.  I'll download the program today so we can share my screen.

Here are the screen shots:

The first one is a shot of the trial page.

The second is the warning/redirect page.

The third is the initialization/connection failure page which I'll attach to the next post.

Autodesk Trial Page.PNG

Autodesk Redirect Warning.PNG

Message 6 of 8
DarrenP

use the browser download method

http://autodesk.creativevirtual.com/autodesk/bot.htm?isJSEnabled=1&sitecontext=FRONTDESK
downloading and installation>software Download links>i need to redownload my product>inventor products>inventor lt suite

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 8

This is the third screen shot.

Autodesk Connection Failure.PNG

Message 8 of 8
CuriousYellow
in reply to: DarrenP

Hi,

Thanks for the link... I just followed your directions.  2.3 GB download, it's saying it's going to take 7-13 hours to download.  I can let it run.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report