Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor Crashes upon startup

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
wrm0007
1091 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor Crashes upon startup

Hi. I have Inventor 2012 from the Education Community and I have installed it several times. I open Inventor just fine. Then, as soon as I try to open a new part, it crashes "due to missing DirectX dlls. This seems like something that would be easy to fix; however, I have been attempting to fix this for several days along with help from the Education Community's support.

I have an i5 processor, 8GB RAM, and an NVIDIA Quadro 600 graphics card. I purchased the card in an attempt to fix my issue on my own after referring to Autodesk's certified hardware site. I have installed the latest drivers I can find for my card and I have also tried to install the Direct X runtime from Microsoft after being told to do so from the error report solution. The runtime tells me that there is a newer version of Direct X installed and that no installation is necessary. Please help. I'm a little tired of waiting on emails from the Education Community that do not solve the problem.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
arlinpega.bibat
in reply to: wrm0007

Hi:

You may find this link helpful:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=17277786&linkID=9240697

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=14057824&linkID=9242018

The same principle applies.

Please click on "Accept as Solution" if this suggestion helped you solve your request.

Arlin Bibat
Message 3 of 4
wrm0007
in reply to: arlinpega.bibat

Thanks but I've already tried that several times. It starts to install and recognizes a new version of Direct X and says no installation is necessary. I've also downloaded every driver I could find off of Autodesk's site and elsewhere to no avail. I am almost ready to give up and throw my new computer in the trash.

Message 4 of 4
je
Community Visitor
in reply to: wrm0007

I had the same problem. But seems to be solved be installing NVIDIA driver:

314.07-notebook-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql.exe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report