Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2015 download error/missing files

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
3620 Views, 11 Replies

Inventor 2015 download error/missing files

I have tried downloading theinventor pro student version and keep getting network errors, my internet is fine Ive checked that but it wont download using the client. Then I tried using a browser download and it worked but the program was only 3.9GB compared to the client saying it was 8.4GB and when I try to run the version downloaded throgh the browser I get an error telling me that files are missing.

If anyone can help it would be great...

Thanks 

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
craigboez
in reply to: Anonymous

I'm having the exact same issues.  I've tried downloading on multiple times on different computers using different browsers.  If I choose the "Install Now" option, the installer launches and the tells me I have a network error.  If I choose "Browser Download" I get a 3.9 GB file and the installer tells me there are multiple files and something is missing.

Message 3 of 12
craigboez
in reply to: craigboez

I solved my problem by using the Virtual Agent and navigating through it for download links.  There they have the missing 2nd file that needs to be downloaded.

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: craigboez

And how do u do that ?
Message 5 of 12
TravisNave

Message 6 of 12
brihuang
in reply to: TravisNave

"I'm having the exact same issues.  I've tried downloading on multiple times on different computers using different browsers.  If I choose the "Install Now" option, the installer launches and the tells me I have a network error.  If I choose "Browser Download" I get a 3.9 GB file and the installer tells me there are multiple files and something is missing."

I was having the exact same problem. Took me 4 hours to download Autodesk Inventor because of all these glitches and time spent finding these alternative "tricks" to downloading it (thank you previous post!). I understand Autodesk is amazingly generous in providing these "free" student softwares, but, Autodesk, can you please, please fix these inconvenient glitches in your website and download links.

Message 7 of 12
ssimons360
in reply to: TravisNave

the problem is still there I am running 8.1 downloaded inventor, and every update still get the same problem,

Message 8 of 12
camilo.lemos
in reply to: ssimons360

Hi @ssimons360 

Were you not able to download the second part from the Virtual Agent using the instructions provided by @TravisNave a couple of posts above?

Thank you,

Camilo Lemos

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

Remove Pop up Blocker when downloading ,it will get you all the files
Message 10 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: camilo.lemos

This still did not work for me i have done about 3 hours of resrurch and about a day and 1/2 downloading redownloading files. I have looked everywhere and done everything i can. I use this program at school and love it but i cant get it for my home computer please HELP!!!

Message 11 of 12
lynn_zhang

Hi @Anonymous Welcome to Autodesk Community!

Have you disabled your firewall and anti-virus program during the download?

Lynn Zhang
Community Manager

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

Just remove the pop up blocker.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report