Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2015 Installation Failed

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
marcus.dokolas
5166 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 2015 Installation Failed

Gets to 30 of 31 Itmes Remaining then all items fail.

Installation Log File Reads:

"2014/5/3:14:55:21 Marcus DESK Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64): "C:\Autodesk\WI\Autodesk Inventor 2015\3rdParty\x64\VCRedist\2012\vcredist_x64.exe" /install /quiet /norestart /log C:\Users\Marcus\AppData\Local\Temp\vcredist_x64_2012.log
2014/5/3:14:55:22 Marcus DESK Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64) Failed Installation aborted, Result=-2114715647"

Any Help?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: marcus.dokolas

Your product is failing to install because the prerequiste program required by the installer is failing prior to the installation of your Autodesk software.

Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Redistributable (x64) Failed Installation aborted

If the prerequisite program already exists on your computer, it is likely newer than the one the Autodesk installer is attempting to install. Please uninstall the prerequisite program causing the issue and run your installer again.

For more information about this process, please see my KB link here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Some-Products-Fail-to-Install-Result-1603/td-p/...

The prerequisite is not already installed and installation still fails, then you may need to make an advanced edit to the setup.ini file to ignore the error. Please make sure you manually install the prerequisite file from Microsoft and then modify the setup.ini file accordingly.

For more information on this process, please see my KB article here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Install-NET-Framework-Language-Pack-Failed-Inst...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
17barisch

I am also having trouble with Inventor 2015 (student version, free) to install. The installation log file is huge, here is the last 2 lines:

2014/5/5:17:53:54 Bob BOB-PC Download Skipped VCREDIST2005SP1ATLX64 http://trial2.autodesk.com/SWDLDNET4/2015/INVNTOR/WI/{C523CD7F-DB8A-45B5-AEA8-0A1AC790B89F}/VCREDIST...
2014/5/5:17:53:54 Bob BOB-PC Installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable ATL Security Update (x64): "C:\Autodesk\WI\Autodesk Inventor 2015\3rdParty\x64\VCRedist\2005SP1ATL\vcredist_x64.exe" /q:a /T:C:\Windows\temp /c:"VCREDI~2.EXE /q:a /c:""msiexec /i vcredist.msi /qn /l*v C:\Users\Bob\AppData\Local\Temp\vcredist_x64_2005.log"" "
2014/5/5:17:54:23 Bob BOB-PC Install Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable ATL Security Update (x64) Failed Installation aborted, Result=1603

I'm a pretty novice computer guy. I can navigate around, but can't edit registries and stuff like that. My son needs this program for home work in his design class. Not sure if my computer is just too old or what. I've got a Dell with Win 7 Home Premium, 64 bit.

Thanks in advance.

Message 4 of 6
MattKa

Hello. I had the same problem. Download this from Microsoft http://www.microsoft.com/de-at/download/details.aspx?id=8328 I uninstalled it with this and then i installed it again with the same. Now the installation works.
Message 5 of 6
MattKa
in reply to: MattKa

Message 6 of 6
jessica.t
in reply to: 17barisch

Hi @17barisch,

Take a look at @TravisNave 's solution on how to resolve 1603 errors and let us know how it goes. Thanks! 

Jessica Thrasher

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report