Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6
ANye
663 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 2014 install

Hello

I work at ITWBCG we have software HSBCad and Visionrez which works with AutoCAD architecture (Architectural desktop) I am a tester for our software which engineers roof trusses into those platforms. One of my primary jobs is installation testing. I will do installation testing on multiple OS's with multiple versions of our software. So when it comes to installation testing I know what works and what does not.

I have tried several of the trial versions of inventor AutoCAD and have always found the installation straight forward.

download>unzip>install>launch and have fun...

So when the Inventor 2014 finally came out I was very disappointed. First it took over 8 hours to download and install! I complain that are install takes 25 min... I guess I will not complain anymore about 25 minutes....

This is with high speed internet. Secondly when I went to launch it crashed out. I went to reinstall so I went to the Autodesk folder but see no way of re launching the setup.

The 3rd issue I see here is on a clean machine Windows 8 as an example with the DotNet 3.5 sp1 needs to reboot the PC so if you are not babysitting the install you will come back and find that the pc is waiting for a restart and then you can continue the download and install process.

I found this out when I started a download at work when I left on wed and returned to the office on friday and seeing it had not installed.

So my question here is there a browser download (Download > unzip > install and have fun)?

Thanks

Al

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: ANye

Request the media on a USB drive.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
ANye

Thanks for the response Travis Were do I go to request instalation media on a usb drive?

Thanks

Al

Message 4 of 6
TravisNave

You should be able to in your Subscription Center or call your Reseller.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 6
ranirohini

Autocad Inventor download not work..plz give me link to download autocad inventor.

Thanks

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: ranirohini

@ranirohini wrote:

Autocad Inventor download not work..plz give me link to download autocad inventor.

Thanks

You can download the software from Matt, the virtual assistant by following the instructions here:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=21889745&linkID=9240617

Good Luck!

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report