Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 Service pack error.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
codycool55
1147 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor 2014 Service pack error.

I recently installed AutoDesk Inventor 2014 Pro with a student license on my Windows 8.1 computer. After I installed Inventor I tried to run the program but got an error. I researched the error and found out I needed a service pack. I downloaded and attempted to install the 64 bit versions of both service packs 1 and 2, but I always get a Windows Installer error reading "The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program may be missing, or the upgrade patch may update a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch."I have checked and double checked that I have the right program and patch, and attempted to install while my firewall and antivirus software were disabled but it didn't work. What is the solution to this problem?

Computer Specs: 

Intel quad core i5-3317u 1.7ghz 64 bit

6 GB RAM

500 GB HDD 24GB SSD Hybrid drive

Windows 8.1

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
brad_hurley
in reply to: codycool55

Hello and Welcome to the Community!

To resolve this issue please do the following:

-          Make sure you are logged in as the administrator.

-          Disable User Account Controls (This will require a reboot)

-          Disable Anti-virus software.

-          Run the installer for Inventor 2014 Pro. Select the option to include service pack 1.

Autodesk Inventor 2014 Service Pack 1

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-in...

If you tried installing update 2 for Inventor 2014 sp1, you must install service pack 1 first.

Update 2 for Inventor 2014 Service Pack 1

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/update-2-in...

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

BHurley
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
topnotchkits
in reply to: brad_hurley

I have this same problem but I don't see anywhee on the Installer where I have the option to install Service Pack 1. I have been fighting this for three months, getting frustrated to say the least. I am working with 2014 LT.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report