Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2014 SP1 x86 installation problem on Win XP SP3 32bit

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Matteo.T
2146 Views, 9 Replies

Inventor 2014 SP1 x86 installation problem on Win XP SP3 32bit

I've installed Inventor 2014 on a Win XP SP3 32 bit machine.

I've tried to install the inventor2014_sp1_x86.msp but  I can't.
To be sure the file is not corrupted, I've downloaded it twice and each time I had the same SHA256sum, that is 831C6D6D3D27DC6D1F5F70837B5A2AF0124305C0AF94A614C73260B17F5E4358.
So the downloaded file is OK.

When I try to install it, I get this error:

Error 1402. Could not open key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Autodesk\\RegistryVersion18.0\System\Preferences (see attached screen shot image).

Maybe the problem is that the path is not correct.
In fact I opened the regedit and the real key registry path is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Autodesk\Inventor\RegistryVersion18.0\System\Preferences
It seems that the word Inventor is missing in the path used by the installer.

Is there any way to solve this problem, please?

Thanks in advance for helping me.

Matteo

Tags (1)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: Matteo.T

Ok lets try the following: Clear out your temp files. (Run > %Temp% > Delete everything in the temp folder) and try again

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Twitter: @JoAnn_Hogan
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 3 of 10
Matteo.T
in reply to: JoAnn_Hogan

It worked! You are a genius!
I've used CCleaner to delete temp files.

Thank you indeed.

Matteo

Message 4 of 10
JoAnn_Hogan

Thats great, Glad I was able to help 😃

If this post solved your issue please mark as solved and Kudos are always welcome 😃

Jo - Ann
Revit Architecture Certified Professional / Revit Structure Certified Professional / AutoCAD Certified Professional
Message 5 of 10
topnotchkits

Installed Inventor 2014 and got the failure to load message, downloaded Service Patch 1 (Inventor2014_SP1_x64 and when I attempt to install it I get the following error message from Windows Installer.

The upgrade patch cannot be installed by the Windows Installer service because the program to be upgraded may be missing or the upgrade patch may upgrade a different version of the program. Verify that the program to be upgraded exists on your computer and that you have the correct upgrade patch.

I have attempted to install both the 64 b it and 32 bit patches with the same result. The OS is Windows 8.1.

Message 6 of 10
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: topnotchkits

Hi There,

Welcome to the community.

Please ensure the following has been done:
1. Computer meets the minimum requirements 
2. UAC off
3. Firewall off
4. Anti-Virus off
5. Administrator rights
6. Clear the temp folder
7. Make sure you have enough disc space 60 Gigs at least
8. Make sure the OS is up to date
9. Reinstall C++ redistributable
10. Reinstall .Net Framework
11. Copy the content of the installation media to the C drive. Preferably on the root of the C drive to negate the problem of filenames becoming too long
12. Make sure short file name creation has been enabled HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\
CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem Set NtfsDisable8dot3NameCreation to a value of 0
13. Create a new Windows user with full admin rights
14. If the computer is on a domain remove it from the network completely for the duration of installation

If that doesnt work you should download the service pack from here: 

Inventor 2014 - Service Pack 1: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/autodesk-in...

Inventor 2014 - Update 3 for service pack 1: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/inventor-products/downloads/caas/downloads/content/update-3-fo...

Please note. Windows 8.1 is very unstable with the Autodesk products. As far as I know they are still trying to sort it out.

Jo - Ann
Message 7 of 10
topnotchkits

Thank you for your help. I am still getting the same error when I attempt to install the patch.This is Win 8.1 64 bit.

jv

Message 8 of 10
JoAnn_Hogan
in reply to: topnotchkits

Are you logged in as Administrator?

Jo - Ann
Message 9 of 10
topnotchkits

Still getting the same message and logged in as Adminestrator when attempting to install the service patch.

Error Message.jpg

Message 10 of 10
topnotchkits

Inventor 2014 install still getting the same error when attempting to install any of the service packs. Followed all 14 steps in your previous post with no luck. This is a new PC with absolutely nothing else running on it. If I can’t get this resolved I need to return the product.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report