Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2013 GPO deployment

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
WillN-Inc
511 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor 2013 GPO deployment

I created a Deployment image as directed in the Network Admin Guide and then set up a GPO to push it out.  I did not find an Inventor-<deployment>.msi (but that apparently is normal for Inventor, from what I've read here).  I added the Inventor-<deployment>.mst file and pushed the GPOs out to my test Laptop.

Inventor appears to install, but when I attempt to run it, Moments after execution, I get the lovely Windows Dialog box "ApprenticeRegSvr has stopped working."  I can post the dump that came along with it if that would help.

Any thoughts/guidance?  The school year is just starting and they'd like to use Autodesk Inventor 2013 soon.

Will

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: WillN-Inc

Welcome to the community!

First make sure the login you are testing with has local admin rights. 

Sometimes the GPO does not push out all the files for some reason.  Others have had success with a manual copy.  You can find some instructions here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor/Inventor-View-2013-silent-installation/td-p/3406203

Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 5
WillN-Inc
in reply to: TravisNave

Thanks - I do have admin rights (for initial testing I'm logging in as the domain administrator).

I looked into that post the other day  Maybe I screwed something up in the attempt.  It will be a real pain if I need to setup the system to copy to the appdata directory for every user who logs in.  The laptops won't be dedicated use for a specific user.

It also doesn't seem to make sense that the appdata directory for a specific user needs the full binary directory.

Will

Message 4 of 5
TravisNave
in reply to: WillN-Inc

You might see if you can just run the deployment on the client without the GPO and see if it installs properly that way. At least then, you can narrow down whether the deployment itself is hosed or if it is the GPO causing the issue. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 5
rkm-yoshi
in reply to: TravisNave

Has anyone been able to fix this error?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report