Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 free trial download

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bass1
2342 Views, 3 Replies

Inventor 2012 free trial download

Our company downloaded Inventor 2012 free trial from the internet but it will not load. Looks like all the files are there. Pick on the .exe file and nothing happens. We have all the pc requirements loaded. Using Windows XP/64-bit. Does anyone have the same problem, or is there a fix to make it work?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: bass1

The downloaded .exe is a self-extractor.  If it doesn't work on that computer, consider copying and extracting it to another machine.  Then you can use the extracted files to install it on that machine. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
bass1

Thank you for your reply.......The IT guy also downloaded it to his pc with the sane result. We are lost as what to do.

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave

It's very possible that the download got corrupted.  Problems downloading the Autodesk software and/or CRC errors may be avoided by using another web browser, or using the alternate browser download method.

For more detailed information on this process, please see the following blog post tip here:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/08/downloading-software-browser-download-vs-download...

Might also help to temporarily disable anti-virus, especially for checking inside of compressed files.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report