Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 becomes unresponsive at the DirectX runtime installation.....

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
06isDriver
745 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 2012 becomes unresponsive at the DirectX runtime installation.....

Running on Quad Core WIndows 7 64 bit machine.

The installation will run fine up until it basically completes the DirectX runtime installation, then it just sits and sits. I left it going for over 8 hours and still it sat. I also tried running the 32 bit version just like you could install a normal 32 bit program on Windows but Autocad wouldnt allow it.

I'm at a loss, because I think this product is exactly what I need. ANy help would be greatly appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
06isDriver
in reply to: 06isDriver

So I was able to get it to install by ending the DirectX installer process from the task manager. I'm not certain if it was trying ot install a DirectX that was older than mine but it certainly didnt like it.

I installed the 64 bit version again and just kept checking back to see where it was. Once it "finished" the Direct X install, meaning that the progress bar was full for DirectX, I just ended the process. It then asked me if I wasnted to cancel the installation. I said no, so then it went back to installing like nothing was wrong.

hope this doesnt happen to someone else, cause its a big red flag for me.

Message 3 of 6
BaochengWu

thank you very much for your reprot. I never see this issue. could you please go to %temp% folder and attach the Inventor 2012 setup.log file? I hope to find what cause this problem

Baocheng Wu
SW Engineering Manager
Message 4 of 6

I am having the same problem with the installation process. I have tryied mutliple Autodesk software and all have the same issue. No troubleshooting process seems to solve the issue.

Message 5 of 6

Hello,

Could you please try to install the DirectX from the Inventor installation package directly to see whether it can be installed successfully, or any message box pops up?

You can find the DirectX installer from the 3rdParty folder of Inventor installation package.

Regards,

Helen

Message 6 of 6
Granville4879

I am having an identical problem with 2011 Map 3D.

I will try your "solution" and will post back.

Thank you,
Granville

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report