Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 (PDS 2012) Application Options / Network Licensing Bug?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jason.tollefsen
406 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor 2012 (PDS 2012) Application Options / Network Licensing Bug?

Hi all,

I'm pretty sure I have a reproducable bug on my hands reguarding IV 2012 SP1 & Network Licensing.

We have 2 seats of Product Design Suite (2012) that 3 people share, shifts are staggerd & there isnt always competition for a license - but in the past few days we've all been trying to get into Inventor & noticed a pattern where a 3rd user trying to start Inventor when both our licenses are in use (again we only have 2) ends up with their applications options reset.

I just had it happen again today (we've experianced this with 2 users on 2 diferent computers, a total of 3 times now) and how it happens is: after getting a error message saying there is "no available license" the next time you actually do have a license available & start up inventor you'll notice your quite a few of your settings (application options) have changed. 

It doenst reset all the app. options tabs - but seems to reset all the sketch tab settings, assy tab settings & various other random things (for instance the "selcet other" time reverts to 2 seconds, but nothing else changes on that tab). Some tabs, like the file tab, it seems to leave alone.

Can someone at Autodesk shed some light on this, or can anyone else comment on having the same issue. It took us a few days to connect the dots & see the pattern of what was making this happen. 

Thanks,

Jason

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
david.lau
in reply to: jason.tollefsen

Can you login to the Subscription Center and log a case with Product Support?

David Lau
Message 3 of 3
jason.tollefsen
in reply to: david.lau

Will do.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report