Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2012 Educational Installation Problems

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
ARoberts666
710 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 2012 Educational Installation Problems

I am trying to install Inventor 2012 Educational. I have downloaded it, checked the compatability of my system and checked that all the necessary components are installed such as Net.4 etc. I have tried on a number of times to install the package but only get up to 12 out of 23 components outstanding then I get a page saying Installation had failed. Any ideas?

I am waiting the arrival of a graphics card but am trying to install on a system using only onboard graphics. Does the software check for compatability?

I would appreciate any help

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
david.lau
in reply to: ARoberts666

Message 3 of 6

I don't think onboard graphics could cause install failed. "12 out of 23 components" ? could you please indicate which product it means? it is helpful if you can attach the log file in "temp" folder

Message 4 of 6

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Since my last post I've tried a few more things to get Inventor installed. Fitted new graphics card but still no change. I've removed every trace of Inventor except the downloaded file. Turned off anti-virus, restarted Windows in a kind of safe mode with just the installer services running. Checked to see if any trace remains in the registry, but all seems to be removed successfully. I also undated runtime using the latest re-distributable version I could find. STILL DOESN'T INSTALL. Seems to give up at approx half way through Inventor itself, seems it returns the 1619 and 1603 errors.

I've atatched the log file taken from the temporary file folder.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thankyou in advance

ARoberts666

Message 5 of 6
david.lau
in reply to: ARoberts666
Message 6 of 6

Thankyou for the quick responce yesterday to my problems installing Inventor 2012. I tried as you suggested to remove the C++ 2010 redistributable application but Inventor still did not install.

Inventor 2012 attempts to install for approx 2 minutes and puts an icon on the desktop, although this is not an Autodesk Icon, just a windows icon ready to be changed. At this point the installation appears to hit a problem, remove the icon, install the uninstaller application then continue removing all previously installed parts of the suite.

I have included the log for Inventor2012 from the %temp% file from this last attempt. 

Any help you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report