Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2011 deployment fails to create on Windows server 2008 orWindowsXP64

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1259 Views, 2 Replies

Inventor 2011 deployment fails to create on Windows server 2008 orWindowsXP64

I have tried repeated to create a deployment package for Inventor 2011. I have copied the seven DVD's to a folder on the server. I have downloaded SP1 to a folder within the folder that holds the DVD copies. I am to start the process of creating a deployment package, point the software to the network license server, modify the settings in Mechanical and start the deployment process. It appears to go through most all of the process and then fails with an error message about "Cannot use the copy function..." Is this because I am creating the deployment package on a Windows 2008 server?

I have tried to install the software directly on a Windows XP64bit desktop but that process fails because it cannot find several files in a file path doesn't exist on the DVD:

Error 1309. Error reading from file: "C:\Inventor2011DVDs\INVSUITE1\x64\inventor\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Shell\PTB\AdpWShellExtRes.dll. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it."

I don't find the file on the original DVD or on the copy on the sever.

Why is it asking for this file? Is it missing because I have a bad set of DVDs?

My goal is to have Inventor 2011 with Mechanical 2011 install on 25 Windows XP 74 bit desktop computers by tomorrow morning. I have explored as many avenues as I can trying to create a deployment package or install the software manually. I would like to use a deployment package (as I did when I installed AutoCAD 2011) on this set of computers. Help will be appreciated. I have not been able to find any postings that deal with this problem directly.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I tried again to create the deployment package. I tried from a Windows 2003 server and also from a Windows 2008 server with the UAC set to 'Never notify.' Both attempts are successful until the process tries to create the Inventor 2011 part of the package. It successfully processes the previous step of creating Autodesk Material Library 2011 Base Image Library. Failure comes when the process tries to copy AdpWShellExtRes.dll from 'INVSUITE1\x64\inventory\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\Shell\PLK'.

My only options are Abort Retry Ignore. Only abort moves on to any action.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I found the solution to the problem. I have to be at the server (computer building the deployment package) and use the DVD player on the computer in order to create the deployment image. The numerous errors resulted from the inablitlity of the install software to prompt for the next DVD. It also did not allow for user invention to change the path to the location of the needed source files.

When I started the deployment package process from DVD 1 at the computer I was able to insert the next DVD. The deployment software properly identified the next needed DVD. I would insert it into the DVD, click on RETRY and away it went.

Maybe Autodesk will augment its deployment software to allow user intervention\redirection of the path of the next needed DVD. I had copied each DVD to a folder named for the product, in this case Inventor and each copy of a DVD resulted in a file named after the DVD (INVSUITE1).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report