Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2011 and MDT 2009 Network Licensing.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
RLiebold
972 Views, 5 Replies

Inventor 2011 and MDT 2009 Network Licensing.

We have just installed a network license seat of Inventor 2011.  We have over 10 years worth of Mechanical Desktop files that we will need to access for years to come.

On our stand alone licenses we can open the MDT models and parts in Inventor but to have the drawings from the layout tabs in MDT be correctly scaled by Inventor, we need to have MDT running along with Inventor.  With the two running together we can import the MDT model, the layout tab becames an Inventor drawing and the dimensions and annotaions are converted nicely, we save it off as an Inventor assembly/part and carry on.

With our network license, we can only run Inventor 2011 or MDT 2009 but cannot have the two open simultaneously to perform the proper conversions.  MDT and Inventor were both installed with the same network license infomation.  To Install MDT 2009 we had to install Inventor 2009 as well.

We need to run MDT 2009 and Inventor 2011 simultaneously on a single network license.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: RLiebold

Unfortunately you will not be able to do this with one license as running multiple releases with one license circumvents the license agreement.  You can continue to run MDT with AIS2009 and then open the 2009 file in 2011... otherwise you will need to purchase an additional license. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
RoyDunn
in reply to: RLiebold

Does this mean that we have to keep Inventor 2009 license?  We are about to deploy Inventor 2011, and I would like to be able to translate my MDT files to Inventor and eventually to AutoCAD PLant 3D.  The IT department says that we have to remove MDT and install it after Inventor 2011.  I was told by Autodesk when they decided to discontinue MDT in 2009 that it would work with future versions of Inventor.  Is this not true?  How should we procede with the install?

Message 4 of 6
JDMather
in reply to: RoyDunn

You should be able to run MDT 2009 (latest) with Inventor 2011.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
DarrenP
in reply to: JDMather

your going to have to download mdt that works with Inventor 2011 from here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/item?id=13744274&siteID=123112

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: RoyDunn

Keep in mind that Autodesk states that they will end support for MDT after the 2012 product release. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report