Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2011 Professional - Tooling / Moldflow License Problem

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
MattH_Work
1877 Views, 7 Replies

Inventor 2011 Professional - Tooling / Moldflow License Problem

See the attached screenshot.

Last week we had customers getting this issue (reinstall fixed it), now I'm getting the issue

Our customer has never had a BETA installed , where I 'may' have ( Smiley Wink ) so it seems the mitsi lic application has not been updated to a RTM version

Can I get an  updated mitsi which isn't a BETA version? or is reinstalling the only way to go (which then begs the question, how long will the BETA mitsi last before dying again?)

Cheers

Matt

MattH
Product Design Collection 2025
Vault Pro 2025
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
adsloud
in reply to: MattH_Work

Hi Matt,

Are you sure there is no other conflict before you install Inventor Tooling 2011? Such as you've installed other Inventor products or older version of Inventor? If the OS is clear enough, there shouldn't be any problem.

Besides the reinstallation, I've no other good idea for you to solve this problem.

Thanks,

Debbie

Debbie Lou
Sr. QA Engineer for HSM CAM
Message 3 of 8
Shawn_Gedman

Hello Matt,

All of our Moldflow Beta builds have a 90 day time bomb assigned to them so any Beta build older than 90 days will cease to work.  Based off of the build number in your screen shot, it looks like this Beta build is from mid January.

There is no direct fix for this issue since it is done by design.  Is there a reason why you are still running on a Beta build this old and not the Commercial release of the product? 

Thank You,

Shawn

“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”
Message 4 of 8
MattH_Work
in reply to: Shawn_Gedman

As i stated in the original post, my customer has never had a BETA version (of anything) installed, and although I have (Inventor Professional), it has been fully uninstalled We (both the customer and I) are not directly using a Moldflow product as such, we are using the Tooling element of Inventor (customer via Inventor Tooling, And myself via Inventor Professional). Both parties are using Full Blown , Released (ie RTM from the shipped disc) Inventor installs MattH

MattH
Vault Pro 2025
Message 5 of 8
Shawn_Gedman

Hello Matt,

I was able to dig a little deeper on this issue and it seems like the Beta label may have been a mistake.  It should have been removed on the commercial build, but will not affect the operation of the software.

The Moldflow component (MITSI.exe) used by AIT uses a license file, but it doesn't use the Moldflow license server. This license file is created during Inventor installation stage and is locked to MAC of the installed PC. It is typically located in the C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Moldflow folder and the file name is mitsi2011.dat.

As a workaround, you could try the following:

1. Uninstall Inventor
  2. Go to C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Moldflow folder and make sure mitsi2011.dat is removed. If not, manually remove it.
  3. Install Inventor again.
  4. Go to C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Moldflow and make sure mitsi2011.dat is created.

We should have a fix for this when SP1 is released, but I think there may also be a hotfix that we could release for now.  I have to confirm this with development though.

Thank You,

Shawn

“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”
Message 6 of 8
adsloud
in reply to: Shawn_Gedman

Hi,

Please refer the following hotfix:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=15132973&linkID=9242019

This should resolve the problem that you are having.

Regards,

Debbie

Debbie Lou
Sr. QA Engineer for HSM CAM
Message 7 of 8
Shawn_Gedman

Hello Matt,

Debbie's hot fix should correct your issue.

Thank You,

Shawn

Message 8 of 8
MattH_Work
in reply to: adsloud

The hotfix has resolved this issue thanks MattH

MattH
Vault Pro 2025

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report