Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2011 Instllation error message

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
354 Views, 4 Replies

Inventor 2011 Instllation error message

While trying to install Inventor 2011 on a Dell Precision M4400 laptop running Windows XP Professional with 2 Gig ram, I get an error message "Cannot update some system component now. Please reboot the machine and try again". I have rebooted after the message, sometimes three times, and still get the same message. Is this a known issue? What may be done to remedy this error?

The same software is installed on a Dell OptiPlex GX270 running Windows XP professional with 1 Gig ram and working. This is a network licence, and I need it to be available on the laptop when I am at a remote site.

Thanks,

David Posley, II

Southwire Company

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Can you check out these 2 posts?  It appears to be a .NET issue.  I would uninstall everything includling .NET and then try to reinstall the software.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/2010-mechanical-error-at-installation/m-p/26779...

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Civil-3D-2011-Install-issue/m-p/2836727/highlig...

David Lau
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

David Lau,

The installer never starts. I get this message about 20 seconds after I click on the installer "Setup.exe". I have tried installing both with the laptop connected our network and not connected. I have tried to install both network connected and not connected with the Dell OptiFlex turned on and off.

It does not look like a network error to me.

David Posley, II

Southwire Company

Message 4 of 5
david.lau

Can you create a new Admin user account and see if it will install in that account?

David Lau
Message 5 of 5
KevinHu_PDMS_Vault

please check what is the version of XP, SP2 is needed at least for Inventor 2011

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report