Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventor 2011 Home Use Installation

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
gemston1
2229 Views, 8 Replies

Inventor 2011 Home Use Installation

From my full time job (company) I was given a copy of Inventor 2011 Suite for installation on my home computer... We have 3 seats of Inventor Pro 2011 at my job and our IT manager received home use serial numbers for those seats... He downloaded and gave me a copy of Inventor Suite on a memory stick to install using one of the home use serial numbers he received...I have not run the install yet but I am confused... What is on the memory stick that the IT manager downloaded is Inventor Suite 2011... Yet he received home use serial numbers for Inventor Pro 2011... I need to install Inventor Pro 2011... Does the downloaded Inventor Suite installation contain Inventor Pro?... Is Inventor Pro activated by virtue of using the home use serial number for Pro??... Thanks for your assistance...

Edited by: gemston1@optonline.net on Apr 20, 2010 9:51 PM Edited by: gemston1@optonline.net on Apr 20, 2010 9:53 PM
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
emily.xu
in reply to: gemston1

Inventor Suite installation not contain Inventor Pro, by contraries, Inventor Pro contain all the Inventor Suite function + Simulation + Routed + Tooling.

So I think if you want to use the function such as Simulation or Routed , you need the Inventor Pro 2011 installation copy.

Emily Xu, Autodesk Product Support

We appreciate your quick feedback on this forum Edited by: emily.xu on Apr 21, 2010 4:27 AM

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 3 of 9
gemston1

> {quote:title=emily.xu wrote:}{quote}
> Inventor Suite installation not contain Inventor Pro, by contraries, Inventor Pro contain all the Inventor Suite function + Simulation + Routed + Tooling.

> So I think if you want to use the function such as Simulation or Routed , you need the Inventor Pro 2011 installation copy.

>
> Emily Xu, Autodesk Product Support
>
> We appreciate your quick feedback on this forum
>
> Edited by: emily.xu on Apr 21, 2010 4:27 AM

Can you point me to the correct link to download the Inventor Pro 2011 installation files? (My IT manager said he could not find it.)
Message 4 of 9
TravisNave

My understanding is that the Inventor files contain all versions of Inventor. Depending on what serial number you use to install, it will install the appropriate version of the product.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 9
emily.xu

Two way:

1 If you bought our subscription, you can download Installation files from your subscription center: http://www.autodesk.com/subscriptionlogin
2 Use the orginal disk.

We appreciate your quick feedback on this forum

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 6 of 9
gemston1

> Two way:

>

> 1 If you bought our subscription, you can download Installation files from your subscription center: http://www.autodesk.com/subscriptionlogin

> 2 Use the orginal disk.

>
>

1. We only saw Inventor Suite 2011 available for download... We did not see Inventor Pro 2011 available for download... We will look again...

2. Autodesk is no longer sending us original disks for Inventor 2011... We are told we have to download everything now...

3. We see the following information on your site when looking to download Inventor Pro 2011:

The AutoCAD Inventor 2011 Suite download supports the following five products:

AutoCAD Inventor Suite

AutoCAD Inventor Routed Systems Suite

AutoCAD Inventor Simulation Suite

AutoCAD Inventor Tooling Suite

AutoCAD Inventor Professional Suite

You will be asked to enter your serial number and product key during the installation process.

Installation of the correct product is managed automatically by the installation program.

Does this mean that both Inventor and Inventor Pro are included in the downloaded installation files??

4. I currently have a HULA companion S/N being used for Inventor Pro 2008 on one of my home computers... I want to replace my Inventor Pro 2008 installation with an Inventor Pro 2011 installation on a new home computer... Can I use the same HULA companion S/N for my new 2011 installation on a new home computer? Edited by: gemston1@optonline.net on Apr 22, 2010 10:38 AM

Message 7 of 9
emily.xu

Sorry, maybe I made a mistake. rectified as:
Autodesk Inventor 2011 Suite installation copy includes: AutoCAD Inventor Suite 2011,AutoCAD Inventor Routed Systems Suite 2011, AutoCAD Inventor Simulation Suite 2011, AutoCAD Inventor Tooling Suite 2011, AutoCAD Inventor Professional Suite 2011.
Please note Autodesk Inventor 2011 Suite is different from AutoCAD Inventor Suite 2011.
So, if your copy is Inventor 2011 Suite , you can install Inventor Pro Suite 2011 or other components mentioned above based on the product key you entered.
For the S/N, if Stand-Alone license, will be same to Inventor Pro 2011 at your job; if Network license, you need to complete and submit a Home Use License Application, If approved, you will be issued a companion Stand-Alone serial number and obtain an authorization code from Autodesk.

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 8 of 9
gemston1

> For the S/N, if Stand-Alone license, will be same to Inventor Pro 2011 at your job; if Network license, you need to complete and submit a Home Use License Application, If approved, you will be issued a companion Stand-Alone serial number and obtain an authorization code from Autodesk.

>
>

Thanks for your response...

But you did not exactly answer my question regarding the license... At my job we have a network license... Approximately 3 months ago I submitted and obtained a serial number and authorization code for home use of Inventor Pro 2008...Now I have a new computer at home and I now want to do a new install of Inventor Pro 2011 on the new computer... Can I use my current serial number and authorization code to activate Inventor Pro 2011 on my new home computer??...

Also, you say Autodesk Inventor Suite 2011 is different from Autocad Inventor Suite 2011... What is the difference?? Edited by: gemston1@optonline.net on Apr 23, 2010 7:22 AM

Message 9 of 9
emily.xu

Yes,you can use the S/N to install Inventor Pro 2011. But the authorization code is generated by your S/N and requirement code. so I think you should install fisrt, then run your application, get the requirement code to apply the authorization code to active your application.

Also, I say "Autodesk Inventor 2011Suite is different from Autocad Inventor Suite 2011", Autodesk Inventor 2011Suite is a package which include Autocad Inventor Suite 2011, and other components such as Autocad Inventor Routed Suite 2011, Autocad Inventor Simulation Suite 2011 and Autocad Inventor tooling Suite2011.

Emily Xu
Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report