Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11
dan.devecka
453 Views, 10 Replies

Inventor 11 issues.

I have seen this error before in the forums but I haven't found anything that fixed my issues. Here is the error I am getting.

Nothing has been changed that I know of.

lmgrd is not running: Cannot connect to license server system.
The license server manager (lmgrd) has not been started yet,
the wrong port@host or license file is being used, or the
port or hostname in the license file has been changed.
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
TravisNave
in reply to: dan.devecka

First, make sure your License Manager is running. Open LMTOOLS and check the following:

1. On the Service/Licese File tab, make sure it is set for 'Configuration using Services'
2. On the Config Services tab, make sure all the paths are set correctly and that both boxes at the bottom are checked. Save the service.
3. Go to the Start/Stop/Reread tab and start the server.
4. Go to the Server Status tab and click the 'Perform Status Enquiry' button. Make sure that your licenses are showing up and there are no errors.

5. Make sure that the Windows Firewall and/or 3rd party firewalls are turned off or allow ports 2080 and 27000.
6. Make sure that you can PING the license manager by hostname from the client machine that has the error.
7. You may need to set some System Enviroment Variables for license file location and timeout.

Good luck.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 11
dan.devecka

I have done all of that and still get the following error.

lmgrd is not running: Cannot connect to license server system.
The license server manager (lmgrd) has not been started yet,
the wrong port@host or license file is being used, or the
port or hostname in the license file has been changed.
Message 4 of 11
TravisNave

What is the error number?

You might have to add the System Variables for ADSKFLEX_LICENSE_FILE = @servername & FLEXLM_TIMEOUT = 1000000

Does your MDT 2007 get a license?

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 11
dan.devecka

the server that I create will not even start.
Message 6 of 11
TravisNave

So your license manager isn't starting.

Double check that the first line in your license file *.LIC matches the Computer/Hostname and Ethernet Address lines on the System Settings tab of LMTOOLS. If the hostname and ethernet addresses do not match, this license file will not work.

Keep in mind that you cannot modify your license file yourself in Notepad and change it to match LMTOOLS. If they do not match, you will need a new license file generated for you by Autodesk Activations.

Also, if you are running this on Windows Server 2003 you might need to add the 4 network license manager files to the Data Execution Prevention (DEP) exclusion.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 7 of 11
dan.devecka

All match.

This is running on a 2003 server. What are the 4 files you speak of?
Message 8 of 11
dan.devecka

I have fixed the problem.

Someone changed the writes to the share where this is installed.
Message 9 of 11
dan.devecka

Thanks for the help.
Message 10 of 11
TravisNave

Someone is always breaking stuff. 😄 Glad you got it fixed.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 11 of 11
TravisNave

lmtools.exe
lmutil.exe
adskflex.exe
lmgrd.exe

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report