Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventoe Activation Nightmare

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
fcoon
180 Views, 1 Reply

Inventoe Activation Nightmare

All,

I have scoured the forums and attempted all of the things people have said (except for re-installing my OS) and can't find the solution to this nightmare.

Our school has Inventor 2012.  It installed fine, but when we open it it says the trial version will be expiring.  I have the activation code.  When I activate online it says it is activated until the next restart of the program.  When I manually activate it gives an error and kicks me back to the activation code screen.

Like I said, activating online works fine until the program is closed and re-started.

Any ideas?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
philip.s
in reply to: fcoon

Hello Fred and welcome to the community!

Can you please describe what you've done thus far?

Have you tried to rename the following file by adding a .bak extension at the end of the filename.

Windows XP
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\FLEXnet\adskflex_*_tsf.data

Vista/Windows 7
C:\ProgramData\FLEXnet\adskflex_*_tsf.data

When you restart Inventor it should automatically re-register / prompt for activation and as a result a new adskflex_*_tsf.data file will be created, potentially resolving this activation loop.

If you receive an activation limit reached error, please either send me a Private Message (click on my philip.s profile name and then "Send this user a private message") with the serial number + request code, or contact our License Assistance team for additional assistance.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report