Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid License AutoCad 2015

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
jtech337
6096 Views, 10 Replies

Invalid License AutoCad 2015

Hello,

Having some issues with running AutoCad 2015 software.  Whenever I attempt to run the program, I get "A valid license could not be obtained by the network license manager"  Error 0.0.0

I have downloaded and am running the newest version of the License Manager, followed all instructions.  I had this working just fine all year until I tried utilizing my 2015 license file.  I can't even run autocad 2015 on the server running license manager without getting the mentioned error.  Tried using a deployment, same result.  

Now, when I try to start/stop/reread in the lmtools utility, it won't start because it says it may be running already; won't stop even if forced to, and reread shows "Server reread failed".

Any thoughts or assistance would be greatly appreciated,

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
pendean
in reply to: jtech337
Message 3 of 11
jtech337
in reply to: pendean

Hello,

I have tried that and I receive the same error.  I just noticed something else...  With the lmtools utility open, I checked the 

system settings tab, for the server's IP, it shows ::1.   Where would it be pulling that information?

Message 4 of 11
TravisNave

::1 is the local loopback for IPv6.  Your issue though of 0.0.0 is almost certainly related to the fact that 2015 products must be run from the 11.12 version of the license manager.  So simply update your nlm files to the latest 11.12 version and your software should launch. 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Mandatory-Upgrade-to-NLM-11-12-for-2015-Autodes...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 11
jtech337
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you for the suggestions.  I am running version 11.12.0.0 build 136775 x64 _n6.  I have attached the debug log file if that helps.

Message 6 of 11
TravisNave

Yes. Excellent.  Looks like the license manager cannot connect to itself due to the IPv6 issue. 

For more information about Network License Manager connectivity issues and IPv6, please see my discussion post here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Network-License-Error-1-5-15-and-IPv6/td-p/2982...

Basically, you need to put your server hostname behind 127.0.0.1 localhost in the hosts file.  Then ping the server from itself and it should result in 127.0.0.1.  Restart the license service from LMTOOLS and recheck the debug. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 7 of 11
jtech337

Unfortunately, that did not solve the issue.  I am greeted by the FlexNet license finder repeatedly.  I attached the new log file and a System Status run from LMTOOLS...

Message 8 of 11
TravisNave

Make sure your PING of APPS goes to 127.0.0.1 from itself.

Make sure adskflex.exe is not already running in task manager.  If so, kill it.  Then verify that adskflex.exe is 11.12. 

Make sure there is firewall exceptions made for lmgrd.exe and adskflex.exe (or ports 27000 and 2080)

Then start the license manager.  Watch task manager to see if adskflex.exe starts then stays resident. 

Let me know.

Autodesk Forums:
Message 9 of 11
jtech337

Ping is correct.  Shows 127.0.0.1.  The adskflex.exe doesn't show in task manager under processes.  I am trying to start it, but nothing I do seems to start it.  I'm logged in as an admin account, even right-clicking Run as Administrator does nothing on the exe. Local firewalls are disabled in this situation, so is any AV.

Message 10 of 11
jtech337

I think I just got it...  I did a netstat -ano and checked the PID's using port 2080.  There was one called ldadmin.exe*32 so I killed it.  I closed, restarted the LMTOOLS service, opened up the autocad 2015 and presto, no errors.  I assume that since it loaded the program with no licensing errors, that I should be good to go for the rest of the Master Suite then?

Thank you so much for you assistance!!!

Message 11 of 11
TravisNave

Excellent!  You jumped right into the next step, so that is good.  Usually something is taking 27000, but good find on your part.  You should be good to go now.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report