Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Inv2012] Problems to create a Deployment with Userconfiguration

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
InHol
152 Views, 3 Replies

[Inv2012] Problems to create a Deployment with Userconfiguration

Hello,

I want to create an deployment with usersettings to the Project-folder. I want to use the Windows7 environment variables. But it seems, that Inventor ignore the Win7 variables.

When I set to this:

\\fileserver\drawings\%username%\Inventor\

the created folder on the server has the same name

\\fileserver\drawings\%username%\Inventor\

and not (e.g.)

\\fileserver\drawings\PeterP\Inventor\

How can I create a deployment, that all new installations and all users automaticlly use this foldersettings?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hashim.mundol
in reply to: InHol

I don't think Inventor installer enumarates the System variables, if you specify the version of Inventor we can come up with some work around.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 3 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: InHol

You cannot use system variables in your deployment, unfortunately.  A potential work around might be to map the user folder to a particular drive.  Everyone's X:\ drive for example would be their own particular user folder and thus it would install correctly to their location.  That's just one thought...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 4
InHol
in reply to: hashim.mundol

Thank you for your answers!

It is this Version: Inventor Professional 2012 64bit, Build 160, Release 2012 RTM - Date 03/01/2011

The idea with the drive mapping is good. I'll think about it if there is no other way.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report