Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet based network licensing

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
leo
Participant
430 Views, 3 Replies

Internet based network licensing

Are there any plans for Autodesk to go to internet based network license server, like many other companies are doing, so that any user with internet connectivity can access our licenses?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: leo

Yes! There already is a working web version of the Network License Manager.

The latest FLEXnet Publisher license server manager, lmadmin, is currently available for selected platforms. lmadmin represents a significant milestone in the evolution of FLEXnet Publisher, offering a graphical user interface that provides a number of server administration improvements around usability, efficiency, and capability. See the License Administration Guide for additional information, including supported platforms.

lmadmin is backward compatible to version 9.2 of the vendor daemon and your FLEXenabled applications.

I have already downloaded and installed the lmadmin utility and have it running my AutoCAD 2006 thru 2010 products. It works just fine.

http://www.globes.com/support/fnp_utilities_download.htm#downloads

Screencap included.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
leo
Participant

I do not mean a license server web based admin tool but a web based license server itself. Where a user would access a website that hosts your license file to acquire a license. For example all of our bentley products look to selectserver.bentley.com to access our network licenses for all of our bentley products. This would be helpful if our wide area network went down and not everyone could access the server with the license manager.
Message 4 of 4
TravisNave

Well, you could technically make it available to the Internet but that would violate the EULA. It would also expose your licenses to anybody who could connect to it. I don't recommend it.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report