Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Error 2738 installing AutoCAD LT 2012

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
corey
18025 Views, 15 Replies

Internal Error 2738 installing AutoCAD LT 2012

Hello,

Can anyone help me with the following error. I am trying to install AutoCad LT 2012 from the product disc to a Wondows Vista 32-bit machine. The installation gets about half way through and then I get the message Internal Error 2738. If I hit OK, the installation continues and gets to the end, but finally advises that the installation has failed. I have spent quite some time going through various blogs and communities to find a solution, but there doesn't seem to be anyone with this combination of OS and produt and error message.

I have attached the error log file for information.

Thanks,
Corey

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Charles_Shade
in reply to: corey

Message 3 of 16
emily.xu

Would you please attach the error image with 2738 error?

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 4 of 16
TravisNave

Vista seems to always be problematic with VBScript.  You probably have to re-register your VBScript DLLs. 

Try this:

Open a command prompt as Administrator.  To do this find Command Prompt in your start menu and right-click and Run as Administrator. 

Then type:  regsvr32 vbscript.dll

You should get a succeeded dialog box.

Reinstall the product making sure you have local admin rights and that UAC is off and your anti-virus is disabled.  Good luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 5 of 16
corey

Thanks for this tip - I have tried that change to no avail.

Can you please tell me what UACs are?

Message 6 of 16
corey
in reply to: emily.xu

Hello, the error is actually within the language pack within AutoCAD. Unfortunately I cannot get a screen shot of the actual install fault, as Windows does not work cirrectly during installation, hence nothing to paste a screen shot into. I have however, been able to replicate the fault during installation of the AutoCAD language pack component and have attached it here.

Since my last post I have had a number of Microsoft techs look at the PC and the following is what they have tried. They have since given up and have offered me no further alternatives.

Notes from MS tech :

Performed disk and registry cleanup, system file checker, disabled UAC, ran as administrator, created new user account, ran the installation from the hard drive instead of DVD, re-registered vbsript.dll, researched various forums and applied various registry hacks and "fixes" - no results, still fails with the same error.

If you can help, would be greatly appreciated.

Corey

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous

I have had the same error message on 64-bit windows vista, but I was able to get the screen shot.

Message 8 of 16
corey

Since my last post, I have also tried installing AutoCAD LT 2012 using Diagnostic mode. This also failed with the same error message, however this time it also created a Windows fault where mscorworks.dll failed to launch and created a loop of error messages that I could not clear, so I deleted the offedning dll. As yet it has not caused any further issues.

Please respond to the above as I have no beentrying to install for more than 14 days and have run out of options.

Message 9 of 16
corey

Can anyone add any more to this - now 3 weeks of trying to install and still no luck. Am about to wipe out and reinstall Vista to see if that fixes anything at all.

Message 10 of 16
TravisNave

You cannot just delete the DLL file.  The file you deleted is used by .NET Framework and is a prerequisite to your application installation.  You should probably remove your .NET Framework installations (using the .NET Cleaner) and reinstall .NET 4.0 from Microsoft prior to installing again. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 11 of 16
hashim.mundol

Not sure what are solutions they have tried.

One of the solution mentioned here should help.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/07/error-2738-installation-could-not-access-vbscript...

If Autodesk Content service is installed, are you able to uninstall it ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 12 of 16
corey

Hello - is there anyone who can suggest someone in Melbourne Australia who I can give my PC to to get this problem resolved? I have now spent $500 on 2 different technicians to look at this PC and software and both have scractched their head and walked away. Is there any such thing as someone who understands how to install AutoCAD? Extemely frustrating!

Message 13 of 16
hashim.mundol

Sorry for the trouble you are having with the installation.

If you need hands on support, you can contact the local reseller.

Have you/technician tried all the steps mentioned in this post

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/07/error-2738-installation-could-not-access-vbscript...

If none of it fixed the issue, you have follwing options.

Clean vbscript related entries from the registry and restore from a clean machine. (this has to be done by a technical person), 

Proper backup would be necessary.

OR restore the image to the factory settings (with proper backup), your PC vendor might be able to help you with it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!
For more tips & tricks: http://upandready.typepad.com

Hashim Mundol
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous

Hello everyone. i know this problem and solution too ))) please fallow this steps.

first of all you have to delete the relevant registry entries and re-register the DLL.

Please make sure you back up the registry/system before you make any changes to the registry (how u can look at from microsft official site)

To delete the registry, please run following commands with elevated privileges

On Windows 7/64 bit System

1-) reg delete "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\Wow6432Node\CLSID\{B54F3741-5B07-11CF-A4B0-00AA004A55E8}" /f

2-) reg delete "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{B54F3741-5B07-11CF-A4B0-00AA004A55E8}" /f

u must delete both

optional if you have 32 bit win7

On Windows 7 32 bit

reg delete "HKCU\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\{B54F3741-5B07-11CF-A4B0-00AA004A55E8}" /f

To Re-register the DLL please run following commands with elevated privileges

make copy+paste one by one

On Windows 7 64 bit System 

c:\windows\syswow64\regsvr32 vbscript.dll

c:\windows\system32\regsvr32 vbscript.dll

On Windows 7 32 bit (optional for 32 bit win7)

c:\windows\system32\regsvr32 vbscript.dll

this step is so important. if u want to solve then you have to trust me. If you had McAfee Antivirus in the past (even if you have unistalled it might leave some trace)

please use this tool to remove it completly.

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

now intsall again. it will work, be sure ))))   if you had activation problem after install then write me again. i know that slotion too...  

Best Regard

Osman from Turkey

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous

Corey,

Did you ever get this soved?

I am trying to install AutoCAD LT and I too am getting "Internal Error 2738".

Osi_turk's post seems to be fruitful, but is a bit comlex, so I wanted to check to see if there was an easier way to solve this.

Thank you,

Andrew

Message 16 of 16
corey
in reply to: hashim.mundol

This problem has finally been solved!  The first step was to reinstall Vista. This changed the error and then changes to all permissions were required. This was done by logging on as the Administrator and then changing permissions to all folders to be read and write. For some reason many AutoCAD related folder were locked from reading or writing. Once this was changed, it installed correctly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report