Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Error 2318. C:\Config.Msi at install time

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
alison.gangler
9492 Views, 1 Reply

Internal Error 2318. C:\Config.Msi at install time

There have been a few cases where the install logs show the error "Internal Error 2318. C:\Config.Msi". This can happen when applying an Update, or during the main product install.

The causes for this can be due to one of many causes depending on the environment. However, here is a link to a helpful article which shows how to resolve this error when caused by problems with the Windows Installer service on the system:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/324516

The install logs from the TEMP directory will always be the best manner of narrowing down the cause and finding the fastest means of troubleshooting this issue.

Cheers,

Alison

Alison Gangler
Install Engineer/PDG-AEC Product Group
Autodesk, Inc.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mjm.murk
in reply to: alison.gangler

Hello Alison

The original error is Error 1328: Applying patch to file C:\config.msi\PT583. It has probably been updated by other means, and can no longer be modified by this patch. For more information, contact your patch vendor.

So the Windows Installer is working. The error occurs only with AutoCAD Architecture 2012 update and AutoCAD MEP 2012 update, i can resolve it manually by clicking ignore during install. But if i have to do a mass deployment i cannot do that, tried also integrating the patch in the administrative install with the same error during install..

Any other way? I want to mass deploy the patch.

Regards, Marcello

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report