Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing onto another drive

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Hahano
1422 Views, 5 Replies

Installing onto another drive

Hi, I'm installing (or trying to) AutoCAD Civil 3D to another drive. I have two in my computer and my main, bootable SSD doesn't have enough room for the whole install.

I have read through the other posts and changed the configurable files to the other drive and clicked "Append" and all that. It's still requiring 6.9 GB on the C: and only put 1.38 GB onto the other. Is there a way I can flip flop these numbers?

The drive itself isn't large enough to clear out 6.9 GB without deleting literally everything on it.

autocad.png

Thanks for the help,

Hahano

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: Hahano

Installation requires additional download space as well as temporary space during the install. 

To clear some space you have a few options. 

1.  Clean out your %TEMP% folder.  This will probably save you a lot of space. 

2.  Move your %TEMP% folder to another drive in your Windows User Environment Variables.

3.  Move your Virtual Memory Swap file to another drive.  This will save your system drive a few gigs.

4.  Reduce the size of your Temporary Internet Files folder setting and delete the cache in there.

5.  Disable the hybernation file if you have a laptop and do not need to hybernate.

Keep in mind that Autodesk product installed on another drive still will need to install some files on the local system drive for your user profile. 

For best performance, always make sure your system drive has at least 20% free space. 

I am attaching a command script that will automagically clean out your temp folders to free up space.  I use this file daily on all of my users.  I have modified it for user for the Autodesk forums. 

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 6
TravisNave

Here, I wrote this KB article just for you.  Smiley Very Happy

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Installation-Licensing/Out-of-disk-space-during-installation-to-anothe...

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 4 of 6
Hahano
in reply to: TravisNave

Thank you for your efforts!

I already cleared out the temp stuff, had 0 virtual storage and only 100 MB in partition because I knew this issue would arise when I configured my computer in the beginning. All things aside, I still didn't have enough room so I ended up uninstalling another program temporarily and then moved the 5+ GB downloaded "setup files" that AutoCAD installed on there.

Works fine now!

Thanks for your support again 🙂

Message 5 of 6
erhen

I want to install Autodesk on another drive eg. E: (not C: even I have the space there)..

any advise.. (Cleaning up C: is not a solution for me in this case, not because of lack of storage usage locally on C)

thank you in advance,

Message 6 of 6
TravisNave
in reply to: erhen

Chang the install location to E:\ then.  Keep in mind that some portions will always be installed to the system root drive.

Autodesk Forums:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report