Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing maya 2014 and Mental Ray for RenderFarm

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
460 Views, 1 Reply

Installing maya 2014 and Mental Ray for RenderFarm

hi, 

Well i have a situation with a rack of several nodes and i wanna make a renderfarm with those computer, i have some questions:

1. can i turn my stand alone license of maya to a network license and which is the additional cost?

2. if i have i kind of 20 nodes and all of them are in linux with a own code of render distribution, how many licenses i need to legaly offer a renderfarm service?

3. i wanna know legaly speaking what is the limitations of my posible renderfarm, i have about 520 processors in those racks and like i said above i have a code of distribution render without MPI, can i just install only a one stand alone or network license? or both? 

all possible help is grateful

Thanks,

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
asburyj
in reply to: Anonymous

1.) I beleive this can be done but you will want to contact your reseller for details

2.)Each Maya network license comes with 5 mental ray render licenses so you would need 4 Maya network licenses to run a 20 machine mental ray render farm. 

3.) You can only perform one maya installation on a system so you can't have both standalone and network license version installed on the system. The licensing is per system regardless of # of processors or cores or anything. 

Jeffry Asbury

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report