Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing free software on Classroom PCs (best Practice)

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
808 Views, 4 Replies

Installing free software on Classroom PCs (best Practice)

Excited to use the free software now in the classroom (thanks for the licence change) I was wondering what user and serial I should use on the classroom PCs. I have a faculty serial number, should I re use that on all the PCs?

Also is their an Msi or do I use script/switches for easy deploy..

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
philip.s
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Charles,

The free licenses available in the Education Community are still individual Stand-alone Licenses and as such, should not be getting pushed out or deployed in a classroom or lab environment.

The major difference in the license type / agreement is that students or educators may now use their own Educational Stand-alone License in the classroom where as the previously available Student Licenses were set up strictly for individual learning / home use.

Please see the following Education Community License Update for more info and accept as a solution if this fully resolves your inquiry, or reply with additional questions or comments accordingly.

Message 3 of 5
slaterwv
in reply to: Anonymous

Thanks for your response.  Please clarify further for us:

Does this new policy mean that students can install the software of their choice on lab equipment?  If so, what is the incentive to purchase seats from a local Autodesk reseller besides ease of deployment?

Message 4 of 5
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: slaterwv

Hi slaterwv,

For further clarification on your follow up question, we are still waiting for the appropriate department's reply on this. We will get back to you once we have an update.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 5 of 5
philip.s
in reply to: slaterwv

You're very welcome Charles.

To clarify; free software licenses made available to eligible community members via the Education Community cannot be installed or used on institutional computers located in classrooms and laboratories, and instead may only be installed and used on the personal computer of the community member.

The afore mentioned Education Community License Update has also been revised to include this language.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report