Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing/downloading educational version REVIT 2015 - communication problem

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
jamesbuildingdesign
1784 Views, 7 Replies

Installing/downloading educational version REVIT 2015 - communication problem

Hi everyone! my first post here. I am a UK student trying to download/install latest version of REVIT software. The problem Im having is that I have tried all three types of install (Installnow, download and browser) and i get the same message - communication error. Please see screenshot attachment.

I know that my C drive is very full and probably wont accommodate any more software but I had hoped to do a custom or advanced install and redirect it to my F drive. However, I cannot even get this far as I cannot download the software in the first place. I would appreciate any help available out there. Thank you in advance.

Adam

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

In addition, I should say that i moved my TEMP and TMP files from C drive to F drive - not sure if this has anything to do with it..?

Message 3 of 8

Hi jamesa13, welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Please, disable your firewall and anti-virus programs and download Revit 2015 from the link below. You will then be able to activate it using the serial number obtained from the Education Community:

Revit 2015 English 64-bit

Please accept as solution if my post fully resolves your issue, or reply with additional details if the problem persists.

Camilo Lemos

Message 4 of 8

Hi Camilo,

Thanks for your reply. I did everything you said and got much further than before ! however, I still have a problem getting it all onto my F drive!! for some reason revit wants to install at least some part on my C drive, so inevitably it tells me im out of disc space and there ends the install process. I changed the path to my F drive but it seems to still require a minimum amount of free space on the C drive. Do you know why that is? 

Please see screen shot.

Thanks for your help, really appreciate it.

Adam.

Message 5 of 8

this is a windows requirement
it has to install part of the program to the OS drive
you may need to clean up your c drive

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 8

Thanks Darren, I did exactly that and it worked perfectly. FYI I moved dropbox to F drive. Do you know why Windows has this requirement even though it gives you the option to choose the location path?

Thanks for everyones help, a great first experience !!

Adam

Message 7 of 8

I've added Revit 2015 English 64-bit access past my firewall. I still receive Communication Error. Is there a direct link I can go to? I am student.

Message 8 of 8

Hi @pwbiermanlytle and welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Please, completely disable your firewall and anti-virus and download the software from our Virtual Agent linked here (click on Download Links, choose product and version).

Thank you, 

Camilo Lemos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report