Installation & Licensing

rodrigo.madruga
Message 1 of 7 (338 Views)

Installing both Inventor 2014 and Inventor Professional 2014 at same machine

338 Views, 6 Replies
08-28-2013 12:20 PM

Hello there,

Is it possible to install Inventor 2014 and Inventor Professional 2014 (from two different suites) in the same computer?

When I try to install Professional via Product Design Suite Ultimate installer it says that Inventor Professional is already installed, even though the already installed version is the regular one.

Thanks in advance.

Product Support
david.lau
Message 2 of 7 (332 Views)

Re: Installing both Inventor 2014 and Inventor Professional 2014 at same machine

08-28-2013 12:46 PM in reply to: rodrigo.madruga

I would install Inventor Professional on all the computers.  This will include the Simulation components.  If you don't load it, it will not use it.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2011/10/autodesk-suites-inventor-family-what-is-dynamic-l...

David Lau
rodrigo.madruga
Message 3 of 7 (327 Views)

Re: Installing both Inventor 2014 and Inventor Professional 2014 at same machine

08-28-2013 01:05 PM in reply to: david.lau

Hello David,

I forgot to mention that both licenses are stand-alone and not network licenses.

I imagine that Dynamic Licensing would not be possible with stand-alone licenses, right?

In the future, I will need to export the Product Design Suite Ultimate license to another computer. After that, I will need to keep using Inventor with the Building license already activated at the same machine.

Is there a way to make this work without uninstalling Professional and installing Inventor again?

Thanks

Rodrigo Madruga.

*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 4 of 7 (313 Views)

08-28-2013 02:20 PM in reply to: rodrigo.madruga

nope

you can't install inventor 2014 and inventor pro 2014 on the same machines

it will require a uninstall/reinstall

Product Support
david.lau
Message 5 of 7 (305 Views)

08-28-2013 06:37 PM in reply to: DarrenP

Correct DarrenP, Correct!  Uninstall/Reinstall.

David Lau
joshua.doyle
Message 6 of 7 (205 Views)

11-05-2013 03:33 PM in reply to: david.lau

Our company has just obtained 4 Professional suite licences and 11 standard suite licences on a network system

If all Inventor Professional design suite licences are in use will or can Inventor Professional be set to take a Standard suite licence?

*Expert Elite*
TravisNave
Message 7 of 7 (198 Views)

11-06-2013 06:24 AM in reply to: joshua.doyle

joshua.doyle wrote:

Our company has just obtained 4 Professional suite licences and 11 standard suite licences on a network system

If all Inventor Professional design suite licences are in use will or can Inventor Professional be set to take a Standard suite licence?

Inventor Professional takes an available Standard Suite license first anyway.  It only takes a pro license if there are no Suite licenses available or if the user uses a Pro module in Inventor.  However, the pro license is not released afterwards . Only a close will release it.  Hope that makes sense.

You can use an adskflex.opt options file to have more control of your licensing.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                       Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube