Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing REVIT 2014 on Desktop and Laptop

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
623 Views, 3 Replies

Installing REVIT 2014 on Desktop and Laptop

Hi

I'm an architecture currently running the educational version of Autodesk REVIT 2014 on my desktop PC at home. I wish to be able to install a version on a laptop to demonstrate designs when in studio/university whilst primarily using the desktop to develop designs/models.

As I understand it, I am un able to install two copies of REVIT on two different systems even if they are not open at the same time. Since there is no backwards compatibility between defferent versions of REVIT.

What options do I have to achieve this? I can't develop designs in REVIT 2013 and then open them in 2014 as I won't be able to bring them back to 2013 later. Can I use the License Tranfer Utility to transfer my student license between desktop and laptop?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tom Sydney

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

You will need to install 2013 and 2014 Revit (EDU or COMMERCIAL version) on the same computer and use the appropriate version for the client.  You are correct that Revit file are version specific.  Once the file is made into a 2014 version, it will NOT open in 2013.  

Just a note that some EDU versions of our software (AutoCAD) will have an EDU watermark embedded in the files.  It is wise to NOT use an EDU version and send it to a commercial client.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2012/04/quick-start-some-tips-when-using-installing-comme...

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/12/educational-watermarks-autocad-2014-sp1.html

I recall Revit may have some EDU watermarks as well.

David Lau
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: david.lau

I think you misunderstand. I'm a student who is designing with REVIT 2014 on a desktop at home and want to use a laptop to show my work when I'm at university. Can I have 2 copies of REVIT 2014, one on the desktop and one on a laptop, and use the license transfer utility to enable me to work at home and show my building models at university?

Thanks

Message 4 of 4
david.lau
in reply to: Anonymous

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report