Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Product Design Suite Standard

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
nandriola
318 Views, 3 Replies

Installing Product Design Suite Standard

My company downloaded the free trial of Inventor Pro '14. After the 30 days expired, the Product Design Suite (PDS)- Standard version was purchased. After downloading and installing everything that was included with the PDS, I attempted to open Inventor. When I did this the Pro version (trial) opened, and promteded me to input the product key to continue. This failed, obviouslty because the Pro version of IV does not come with the Standard version of PDS. 

So my question is, how do I rectify the situation. Do i need to completely uninstall IV Pro 14 and install IV 14? or is there a  shortcut to downgrade from Pro to standard?

Thank you for the help

-Nick

P.S. I had problems installing the suite, it failed to install 3 times, then the next day i attempted to install it again and it worked fine. Nothing changed excpt for the date. That was an odd encounter. Im assuming the program was attempting to install IV '14 and realized that the pro version was already installed and it just crashed the installer, but everything seems to be working fine now.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: nandriola

Unfortunately, you will have to reinstall Inventor.  But not the rest of the suite.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
nandriola
in reply to: TravisNave

Will I lose all of the files that I created in IV Pro when I uninstall? Or will I be able to open the files I created in IV Pro when I install IV Standard?

Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: nandriola

Your files will be fine.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report