Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing PDS and FDS, in standalone and network licenses

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
cliff.haynes
343 Views, 1 Reply

Installing PDS and FDS, in standalone and network licenses

First I will give a background on the situation. Currently in our group we use the Product Design Sute. We have a mix of users on standalone and networked licenses. Recently I had the opportunity to order some additional network seats so I ordered the FDS. Now I am faced with a possible installation debacle and i may need your help in finidng the best way to install these products together.

My goal is to install the FDS networked licenses on everyone's computer along with our current PDS. This way we will have access to both packages, licenses allowing.

I installed the FDS networked on my computer, which was currently running PDS standalone. It installed navisworks and the inventor addin. My expectation is that when I run inventor, it will use my PDS standalone until I access the FDS addin, in which case it would use a network license. However, I cannot get the FDS addin to function properly. When i try to do anything with FDS in inventor, i get no response. I think this is due to how the products are installed. Can anyone verify this and give me advice on how to get the 2 to work together?

Also, is there anything i need to know when installing FDS networked on a computer that already has PDS networked?

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
emily.xu
in reply to: cliff.haynes

Installing and running PrDS and FDS on the same machine is not supported. If the clients installed PrDS want to use FDS functions,you must uninstall PrDS,then install FDS.

Emily Xu
Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report