Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Moldflow 2012 in a server which has Inventor 2010 Flexlm Manager

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
L&TMoldflow
305 Views, 1 Reply

Installing Moldflow 2012 in a server which has Inventor 2010 Flexlm Manager

Hello Licensing team,

I have a Autodesk Inventor 2010 Flexlm license manager in a server and I'm not under active subscription for our Inventor product. I'm under active subscription for Moldflow products (2 seats of Insight Performance and 2 Synergy). Till date (till Moldflow 2011), I have been appending the Moldflow license with the Inventor license and was able to use both Inventor 2010 and Moldflow 2011. But with release of Moldflow 2012, this method is not allowing me to run Moldflow application.

In case I uninstall the current Flexlm License Manager of Inventor 2010 and install the Moldflow Flexlm License Manager 0f 2012 then the question arises whether appending the Inventor2010 license into the Moldflow 2012 license allow Inventor 2010 to function? It is also a question whether future Moldflow Flexlm versions will keep on supporting the Inventor 2010 application?

I cannot allocate separate servers for my Inventor and Moldflow. I wish to have the latest release of Moldflow (2012) and Autodesk Inventor (2010) in that same server and both should be up and running.  I need to also make sure that irrespective of whatever version comes up for Moldflow in the future, our Inventor 2010 should not get disturbed and should keep on functioning in the same server.

I'm attaching ourAutodesk Inventor 2010 license and Autodesk Moldflow 2012 license in txt format for your reference. Hereby, I request you'll to asisst me in this matter and provide me a solution.

Regards,

Vishal.

(Larsen & Toubro Ltd., India)

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

You should upgrade your FlexLM to the latest version which is 11.9, for you to be able to use Moldflow 2012. I suggest that you get a new license files both for your Moldflow and Inventor. You should be able to merge the license files and load them to FlexLM 11.9 with no problem. You do not need to run 2 servers running FlexLM to support Inventor 2010 and Moldflow 2012, just 1 server is all you need.

As far as Moldflow 2012 supporting Inventor 2010, you should post your question to the Moldflow forums or read documentations for Moldflow.

Hope this helps...

Timmy De Austria
Product Support | Up and Ready Blog | If my reply was helpful, please Kudo or Accept as Solution. 😉

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report