Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Maya - Failed once due to antivirus, now fails following attempts

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tylercaldwell
310 Views, 2 Replies

Installing Maya - Failed once due to antivirus, now fails following attempts

The first time I attempted to install Maya 2015, the attempt failed. It turns out that this error was due to my antivirus being on while I was installing, so I turned it off and tried again. All following attempts to install resulted in failure as the installer was initializing. I believe this is due to my previous failed attempts leaving some residual files around my HD. I have attempted to go through my program files and documents and delete all Autodesk / Maya files, and have also gone through my hidden files and my registry attempting to remove them from there as well. I feel like the failure probably results from my missing a few files along the way while I attempt to scrub my disk clean of all of the files from previous attempts. Is there any other way I can uninstall completely and do a clean install? Or is there a list of files somewhere that I can use to go through my system and remove them all manually?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
TravisNave
in reply to: tylercaldwell

To Diagnose and Fix installation problems automatically, please see the new Microsoft tool for this here:

http://support.microsoft.com/mats/Program_Install_and_Uninstall

For more information on the Autodesk KB Support article concerning the clean uninstall of Autodesk products, see this link:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/search-result/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-perform-a-clean-un...

That should point you in the right direction.  Good Luck!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 3
tylercaldwell
in reply to: TravisNave

I marked this as resolved, but it turns out the problem is not resolved after all -- it did allow the installer to go a bit further having manually deleted those files, however after doing this the Microsoft tool was unable to find any Autodesk software to uninstall. Following my previous attempt, it is still unable to find any Autodesk software. I can go through and delete all of the files that are listed on the clean uninstall page again, however that will be the exact same series of steps which just led to this error.

I deleted all of the Autodesk files I could find and emptied my temp file in AppData, however the installer still fails.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report