Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Maya 2011/2012/2013 with a Network license (Mac)

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
factioncreative
36052 Views, 21 Replies

Installing Maya 2011/2012/2013 with a Network license (Mac)

I've been trying to install a floating license on a Network with Maya and still can't get it to work (on a Mac). I feel like the documentation on this is very vague.

I have installed the Network License Manager on the the server I want to manage the license and have obtained a license file in which I have put on the server's var/flexlm folder and a different folder that my other computers can network to.

That all seems fine. The Install guide says

"Use the Console to verify that lmgrd and adskflex start up successfully."

So using Terminal, not Console I think I verified they started up but I am not entirely sure. This is where I wish there was a bit more clarification and direction in the install guide. Also when you install Maya on a separate machine and tell it to be a network version you are told to give the "Server Name". No where in the install guide does it clarify what the Server Name would be or how it should be written. This is the documentation for it:

"If you will use a network license to run Maya, contact your network 

administrator to find your license server name before you start the installation. 

You can enter your license server name in the installer to configure your 

network license."

and

"Where do I find my server name? 

When installing a network licensed product, you must specify the name of 

the server that will run the Network License Manager. If you don’t know the 

server name, you can quickly find it by opening a Windows command prompt 

on the system that will be the Network License Manager. At the prompt, enter 

ipconfig /all and note the Host Name entry."

Which is great. If you are running Windows, which I am not.

With some searching on forums I found that you can use the server's IP Address which makes things much easier but it wasn't in the install guide or any other Maya documentation.

Now I am trying to run Maya on one of the machines I have installed it on and directed it to use a network license file with the correct server name in the maya.lic file but I am getting this error (screenshot attached).

I know I am missing some things but there really isn't very much good documentation that helps me out.

Please help.

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
memorist
in reply to: factioncreative

So i had the same error but finally fixed it up.

However i'm running OSX 10.7

Now everytime i restart the Mac server i have to manually start the license surely that should not be the case?

It should auto load right?

Message 22 of 22
david.lau
in reply to: memorist

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report