Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing LT 2014 from download issue

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
aaron_helton
416 Views, 1 Reply

Installing LT 2014 from download issue

I downloaded AutoDesk AutoCAD LT 2014 from my subscription logon page and proceded to install the software on a brand new laptop. During the installation, on step 5 the installation prompted me to insert the LT 2014 disc to continue. I assumed that downloading the software would not require the disc for installation, as I dont have the disc. Is there a different download I am not aware of that does not require the media for complete installation?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
david.lau
in reply to: aaron_helton

I have occasionally seen this happen and it is indeed a single download or part.   The best thing to do is to download the software using our Virtual Agent using a Browser Download.  This is noted in Step 3 via this blog post:

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/01/quick-start-downloads.html

Ask > Downloading New/Updated Products > Scroll down for AutoCAD LT 2014

I find the browser download is a complete file and doesn't require a 'streaming' internet connection to install the software.  Also, once downloaded, you can store the file and re-use it again for later use.  Because the file is 1 part, it will always work.  The 1 file will extract to C:\Autodesk for installation.

David Lau

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report