Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4
MilesGX
548 Views, 3 Replies

Installing Help

Hello, I am new here and I just downloaded 3Ds Max Studio 2011 on a library computer. I used a flash drive to transfer the installer.exe into my home computer, but when I clicked on it, the application just connects and stops. My home computer was connected to the internet, but nothig happened still. Do I have to download my free software into my home computer directly in order for it to work?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Charles_Shade
in reply to: MilesGX

Why not try?

Did you move the installer from the flash drive to the home drive?

Or did you try to install from the flash drive?

Message 3 of 4
JDMather
in reply to: MilesGX

installer.exe doesn't sound like the right name - I haven't checked but I suspect that the installer for the Akamai autodownloader.  I never use the Akamai - I use the manual download.  You can download to any location and then transfer to your desired machine to install.
I commonly burn the download to disk to hand out to my students who have trouble downloading the software.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

The CADWhisperer YouTube Channel

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
MilesGX
in reply to: JDMather

I clicked the installer.exe in my flash drive first, then I moved it into my home computer desktop and clicked on it there.  Still, nothing happen. I'll try out that Akamai autodownloader that you mention. Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report