Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing BDSP 2015 on drive D - drive C still needs a lot of free space!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
richard.fielt
508 Views, 3 Replies

Installing BDSP 2015 on drive D - drive C still needs a lot of free space!

I'm trying to install Design Suite Premium on my computer. Because I 'only' have a 128GB SSD (which is almost completely filled with (needed!) software) for boot-drive C, I'd like to install the suite to drive D (750GB HD). During installatiion it says that 12GB of free space is needed on drive C. Installation can only be aborted from this point! It seems the installer is using drive C hardcoded for temp-files, unpacking etc. Why?!

Freeing space on drive C obviously is not an option, because I'd have to delete software that I use. Is there a way to bypass drive C completely and only use drive D for unpacking and installing?

Thanks in advance for your clever solution!

PS. Last year I had the very same issue with suite 2014, back then I had the option to completely move the user-dirs to drive D, and freeing enough space on drive C. Now I'm running out of options; I find this very annoying and user-unfriendly, for such an expensive/professional piece of software!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: richard.fielt

You can't do what you want.
Message 3 of 4
DarrenP
in reply to: pendean

you should be able to extract where you want

the install requires some files on the OS drive because of microsoft windows requirements

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
richard.fielt
in reply to: pendean

Clear but not satisfying at all... I managed to get the minimum amount of free diskspace (around 10GB) on drive C (by uninstalling and reinstalling some other software). The difference between before and after installation is only a couple of MB's so I don;t get why 10GB had to be free to install. FYI: my temp dir is (ofcourse) already on D...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report