Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing AutoCad LT 2008 in Windows Vistas

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
whepler
325 Views, 3 Replies

Installing AutoCad LT 2008 in Windows Vistas

On July 09, 2014 when I booted my computer I was met with the “ICE” virus which eventually erased my hard drive.

I have a Dell XPS 410 desktop computer running Vistas Home Premium with Service Pack 2.

After Using the Dell Restore to Factory Settings which included re-formatting the hard drive, I reinstalled all of my software including all Windows Vistas Updates.

The problem I am having is when I try to install Autocad LT 2008 I do the following.

I insert6 the AutoCad Lt 2008 disk into drive “F” and click on Run Setup.exe, then the Setup Initialization popup comes up, I get another popup called Setup.exe – no disk which states that there is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive\Device\Hsrddisk\DR2.

By clicking on cancel 8 times the Installation Wizard comes up and I click on Install Products. On the next Installation Wizard screen I click on next.

On the next Installation Wizard screen I accept the license agreement and click on next.

On the next installation Wizard I put in my name and organization and click next.

On the next Installation Wizard I click on configure, then Install.

The next Installation Wizard comes up tellinf me that it is installing MSXML 6 and Autocad LT 2008.

The next Installation Wizard screen comes up stating that the installation is complete and “succeeded”. At this point I click Finish and the program returns to the desktop hwere the AutoCad Lt 2008 icon has been installed.

When I click on the Icon a popup appears “Migrate Custom Settings” at this point I click on OK and get a popup “verifying License” and another popup appears which states that the AutoCad Application has stopped working and that Windows will close the program and notify me if a solution is available.

I then click on close program and the popup disappears.

This installation has always worked prior to this.

ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS AS TO WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE???

William Hepler

whepler@lumos.net

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: whepler

I would do a reinstall by copying the files to your hard drive, then install from there with admin rights, UAC off, and anti-virus temporarily disabled.  Your LT 2008 should work on Vista.

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files
Message 3 of 4
whepler
in reply to: TravisNave

After I filed that report asking for help, I decided that I would do some a "first things first" maintenance on the computer. I started uninstalling some web browsing programs, one by one and booting AutoCad LT 2008 after each un-installation. I had un-installed one of them and booted ACAD Lt, it didn't work, when I installed the second one (Google Chrome) and booted AutoCad LT, IT WORKED and I was able to activate the product and it now works fine. Thanks for your reply, I had already copied all the files to the "C" drive but that didn't work, either. I really appreciate your feedback, though.

Whepler

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
http://www.avast.com
Message 4 of 4
TravisNave
in reply to: whepler

Excellent. Thanks for the update. Having IE as the default browser for
activation is definitely a must. Thanks for reiterating that. Good job!

Travis Nave Send TravisNave a Private Message                                             Need help in your post? Mention me with @TravisNave

My Expert Contributions to the
Autodesk Forums:
FLEXnet License Admin | MSI Cleanup Utility | .NET Framework Cleanup Tool | IPv6 NLM Fix | adskflex.opt Options File | Combine .LIC Files

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report