Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing AutoCAD LT 2014 Error

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
feige.t.l
1195 Views, 7 Replies

Installing AutoCAD LT 2014 Error

Hi,

Whilst installing CAD LT 2104 from the autodesk website, the download was interrupted. I tried to resume it but was unable to.

I then tried to uninstall it to reinstall, it failed to uninstall completely but has been removed from my control panels list of programs to uninstall. The problem is that everytime I try to reinstall it from the website, it tells me it is already installed and doesnt let me install it.

How do I completely remove what it has installe on my computer if it isn't showing up in the control panels uninstall options?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
emily.xu
in reply to: feige.t.l

Hi feige.t.l

Welcome to Autodesk discussion group.

You tried to reinstall AutoCAD LT 2014, but was told it was installed, so unable to continue.This is mainly because there are some registeries remained in your machine, please follow these steps to clean, and then try to reinstall:

1.Delete the following folders, if you find them.

C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2014

C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2014

C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Local\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2014 C:\Users\your_user_name\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2014

2.Backup following registry keys in case of restore and delete them. Go to Search > type regedit to open registry editor.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\7D2F3875900D0000102000060BECB6AB

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\7D2F3875900D9040112000060BECB6AB

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products\7D2F3875900D9040122000060BECB6AB

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT\R20\ACADLT-D001

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT\R20\ACADLT-D001:409

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT\R20\ACADLT-D001

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT\R20\ACADLT-D001:409

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT\R20\AutoCAD LT 2014 - English

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\7D2F3875900D0000102000060BECB6AB

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\7D2F3875900D9040112000060BECB6AB

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UserData\S-1-5-18\Products\7D2F3875900D9040122000060BECB6AB

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{5783F2D7-D009-0000-0102-0060B0CE6BBA}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{5783F2D7-D009-0409-1102-0060B0CE6BBA}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{5783F2D7-D009-0409-2102-0060B0CE6BBA}

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\AutoCAD LT 2014 - English

Here are some suggestions to ensure you get a sucessful installation:

1.Download ACAD 2014 from Autodesk website to local harddisc, and install from local.

2.Logon with local system admin account

3.Empty your TEMP folder. To open TEMP folder, type %TEMP% in the address bar of Windows Explorer and hit Enter key.

4.Disable your antivirus software

5.Disable UAC (User Access Control Manager) http://windows.microsoft.com/en-CA/windows-vista/Turn-User-Account-Control-on-or-off

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 3 of 8
feige.t.l
in reply to: emily.xu

Thank you so much Emily!

That worked and I was able to install CAD correctly.

I am however having a hiccup when I try open the newly installed AutoCAD. It opens but then gets stucks on 'Checking license'. A white box with the heading 'Autodesk Licensing' is ontop of the AutoCAD open page but is blank and nothing happens.

This also occured when I tried to install 2013 a few months ago. Why does this happen and how can I work around it?

Message 4 of 8
emily.xu

Thank you so much to let me know my suggestion worked for your installation.

As for the checking license, could you please let me know what's the license type, network license or standalone license?

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 5 of 8
feige.t.l

It's a pleasure, I am very grateful for the help!

I have checked with our IT guy and it is a stand alone license

Message 6 of 8
emily.xu

Could you please try this solution to reset your standalone license? see if works for you.

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Emily Xu
Product Support
Message 7 of 8
feige.t.l

Unfurtunately it did not

Message 8 of 8
avto

I have seen several cases when a program hang at the 'Checking license' stage was video card related.

Please check your video card and installed drives against Autodesk Certified Hardware list, the link below.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?id=18844534&siteID=123112

And if you happen to have two video cards and one of them is from Nvidia GeForce family, please check this post on our Up and Ready blog and try it.

http://upandready.typepad.com/up_and_ready/2013/08/autodesk-software-activation-freezing-on-laptops-...

If the above doesn’t help, I would suggest reinstalling all Autodesk programs from your system and this time before installing Autodesk programs please rename C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\ and c:\Program Files\Common Files\Autodesk Shared\

Please let us know if this resolves the issue.

Regards,

Avto Chachava
Autodesk Product Support
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report