Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing AutoCAD Electrical 2014 issues

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
djs
Enthusiast
1023 Views, 3 Replies

Installing AutoCAD Electrical 2014 issues

Our company has been using ACE for a number of years. We have ACE setup to use network verions of the the various catalogs, libraries databases etc. All of these have signaficant amount of user added content. We are currently running ACE 2011. It is working quite well with the various network files. I am in the process of trying to make a deployment of ACE2014 for company wide distribution.

I have created the deployment, and it installs on my test machine, however there are some significant issues. The first and main issue is that when inserting a component, either schematic or panel, the command errors out and the part selection dialog box never shows. I have also discovered that the Panel Footprint Lookup Database File Editor is also not working correctly. In particular when selecting to edit an existing Table, no table selection dialog box is shown, and the program goes directly to the first table in the database. For this reason I suspect that there is an incompatability between our existing *.mdb files the the files ACE 2014 is expecting.

The second area of concern is the various paths to the catalogs, libraries and databases. ACE 2014 now adds "en-us" to the paths over what ACE2011 uses. Also is there anyway to prevent the installation progrm from copying the various catalog, library and database files during the installation process? If I ever get the path issue fix, this will clobber our existing files at every installation.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
linnea.lukic
in reply to: djs

Hi,

I've just installed ACE2014 on my WS and am having the same issues as you, the component selection dialog box never appears and panel footprint database does not work properly.

Have you had solutions yet?  Did you get the "Security concern" message show up each time when launching ACE2014?

Message 3 of 4
djs
Enthusiast

Hello;
Yes I found the solution. ACE 2014 uses a different folder structure. The WD.ENV file from past versions will not work with ACE 2014. You must use the 2014 version of WD.ENV.

To eliminate the security message, place the path listed in the message in the Options-> Files-> Trusted Locations.

Donald Schlicht P.E., Sr. Project Engineer
FL 55412 GA 027604
O: 863.646.5781 | M : 863.559.9497| F : 863.646.3899 | djs@currycontrols.com
Curry Controls Company | 4245 S Pipkin Road | Lakeland, FL 33811
[cid:image002.jpg@01CC5751.9381DA30]
Message 4 of 4
linnea.lukic

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I had to point my wd.env file to our shared network one (and it's 2012 version), looks like I have to create a new one now.

Also thanks for the solution regarding the "security concern" warning message, I will give it a try.

Thanks again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report