Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing 2014 Design Suite Premium

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
prsmith
974 Views, 6 Replies

Installing 2014 Design Suite Premium

The only file that downloads is:

Building_Design_Suite_Premium_2014_English_Win_32_64bit_dlm_004_004.sfx.exe

When I run this file, it stalls when trying to extract the zip files.

Bryon Morales, Autodesk Support Team, said that I should downloading four separate files, but there is one file to download as noted above.

Help.

Thanks.

Pete Smith

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
philip.s
in reply to: prsmith

Hi Pete,

Confirming that there should be 4 parts to the BDSP download, as indicated by the download path.

Building_Design_Suite_Premium_2014_English_Win_32_64bit_dlm_004_004.sfx.exe 

The 004_004 indicates that it's part 4 of 4. More often then not, the other downloads are either going in the background, are waiting for acceptance to initiate, or were automatically stopped by your browser pop up blocker.

In this case the suggested workaround is to simply utilize a different browser. Can you please do so and let me know if you're able to download the other 3 parts?

Message 3 of 7
prsmith
in reply to: philip.s

Yes, I was able to download the other 3 parts. I moved the files from the Download Folder to a new folder and then ran the setup. But I get these error messages - see attached.

Thanks.

Pete Smith

608-846-4171

Message 4 of 7
prsmith

I am using FireFox - should I be using Explorer?

Thanks.

Pete Smith

Message 5 of 7
philip.s

Thanks for confirming Pete.

So the browser shouldn't have much to do with it as long as you can downloaded the files, however I'm a little confused by your second error which indicates that you're using Install Now and not the Browser Download. Would it be easier to start from scratch / if I supplied you with direct download links for all 4 parts?

Message 6 of 7
prsmith
in reply to: philip.s

I started from scratch and this time it worked. I made sure that each of issues in the attached error message was addressed.

Now for the next issue:  I’m unable to Migrate Settings from the Start Menu after rebooting.

• I have both R2012 and R2013 installed on this computer.
  • The Migrate Setting Tool doesn’t think I have a previous release installed – Error Message3.
  • Then when I open R2013 (not R2014) and try it, I get Error Message4.

Is this version a bit buggy?

Thanks for your help.

Pete Smith

Message 7 of 7
emily.xu

For the migration issue, if it's AutoCAD, please go to AutoCAD forum,you will get more help from there.

Emily Xu
Product Support

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report