Installation & Licensing

nathan.jones
Message 1 of 3 (186 Views)

Installing 2011 & 2012 student versions of Revit on the same machine

186 Views, 2 Replies
10-30-2011 11:39 PM

Hi All,

I recently read on this thread: Urgent - Problems with Installing Revit 2012 and Uninstalling Revit 2011 that "the existence of 2011 on your machine should not affect the installation of 2012".

Can anyone confirm this? I'd like to install both 2011 and 2012 student versions on the same machine. I'd particularly liked to hear you experince if you have successfully installed both version on a macbook air running windows 7.

Is there a specific order i should attempt the installation both products with?

I teach at a tertiary institution that uses 2011 but am keen to get a head start on 2012 before they migrate. I understand the revit is not backward compatible so would hate for my assignments to be in a newer version.

All responses appreciated.

thanks

Customer Service
joane.bonghanoy
Message 2 of 3 (182 Views)

Re: Installing 2011 & 2012 student versions of Revit on the same machine

10-31-2011 12:19 AM in reply to: nathan.jones

Hi Nathan,

As verified, 2011 and 2012 version should work fine even if they are on the same machine. Installation of the 2012 version should not be affected regardless if you still have the 2011 installed on that same machine.

There is no specific order when attempting to install the software. For further inquiries on Student Licenses, feel free to click on this link: http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=community_faq#installation.

Joane Bonghanoy
*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 3 of 3 (173 Views)

Re: Installing 2011 & 2012 student versions of Revit on the same machine

10-31-2011 06:36 AM in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

is there a reason you need both?

there is no saving down in revit once the file is saved in 2012 there is no going back and opening in 2011

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Up & Ready Blog

Boldly Install, Configure and Deploy Autodesk Software.

AutodeskHelp Blog

Your one-stop shop for the latest solutions, breaking news, and behind the scenes access to the world of Autodesk support.

Connect with Us

Twitter

Pinterest

Blog

Youtube