Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing 2011 & 2012 student versions of Revit on the same machine

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
401 Views, 2 Replies

Installing 2011 & 2012 student versions of Revit on the same machine

Hi All,

I recently read on this thread: Urgent - Problems with Installing Revit 2012 and Uninstalling Revit 2011 that "the existence of 2011 on your machine should not affect the installation of 2012".

Can anyone confirm this? I'd like to install both 2011 and 2012 student versions on the same machine. I'd particularly liked to hear you experince if you have successfully installed both version on a macbook air running windows 7.

Is there a specific order i should attempt the installation both products with?

I teach at a tertiary institution that uses 2011 but am keen to get a head start on 2012 before they migrate. I understand the revit is not backward compatible so would hate for my assignments to be in a newer version.

All responses appreciated.

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
joane.bonghanoy
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Nathan,

As verified, 2011 and 2012 version should work fine even if they are on the same machine. Installation of the 2012 version should not be affected regardless if you still have the 2011 installed on that same machine.

There is no specific order when attempting to install the software. For further inquiries on Student Licenses, feel free to click on this link: http://students.autodesk.com/?nd=community_faq#installation.

Joane Bonghanoy
Message 3 of 3
DarrenP
in reply to: joane.bonghanoy

is there a reason you need both?

there is no saving down in revit once the file is saved in 2012 there is no going back and opening in 2011

DarrenP
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report